Home

Monday Morning Other Stuff (3-10-08)

This is a discussion on Monday Morning Other Stuff (3-10-08) within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2008, 01:57 PM   #17
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Monday Morning Other Stuff (3-10-08)

Well I caught up on some old movies. I been neglecting my classic movie obsession so I watched a few over the weekend

PATTERNS (1956) Excellent film on what goes on in corporations in terms of shuffling old people out and bringing in new people. The whole clash of ideology (care for workers vs. The Bottom Line) etc etc. The movie had 3 very good character actors in Van Heflin, Ed Begley Sr and Everrett Sloane. To top it off this was the work that Rod Serling was best known for until he created The Twilight Zone. Very effective film and highly recommended

TOPAZE (1933) Eh....strange movie. It's supposed to be a comedy but didn't really play that way to me. John Barrymore carried the film as a meek and somewhat naive professor who gets caught up in shady dealings with unscrupulous people. The movie dragged and I fell asleep near the climax of the film. What I gather though from my viewing that it was strange but effective in that Barrymore was highly watchable.

THE X FROM OUTER SPACE (1966) Ah Japanese monster movies! Unfortunately this was done by a cheapie studio so there isn't much there to it. The actors try to make the story believable and the head doctor of the space program in this movie was quite good in his role. The monster is a giant lizard chicken, unfortunately said monster shows up too late in the movie to make it goofy enough. Some elements were interesting though but it was just watchable with no great shocks or anything.

QOTD: As for gaming....I wanted to start a new franchise on MLB 2k8 but it looks like you have to put the sliders in during the game and not at the beginning before you load the franchise! So i'll do that today sometime. It's the IF/OF sliders that an OS'er has up here.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 03-10-2008, 03:46 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
TOPAZE (1933) Eh....strange movie. It's supposed to be a comedy but didn't really play that way to me. John Barrymore carried the film as a meek and somewhat naive professor who gets caught up in shady dealings with unscrupulous people. The movie dragged and I fell asleep near the climax of the film. What I gather though from my viewing that it was strange but effective in that Barrymore was highly watchable.
Yeah I SAW THIS MOVIE TOO!!! A whole 3 minutes of it. The part where they were offering him the job for 4 thousand pounds or francs or whatever a month. Then he stood up mad because he thought it was charity and the guy told him it wasn't and then I turned the channel promptly.
Old 03-10-2008, 03:48 PM   #19
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalownership
Yeah I SAW THIS MOVIE TOO!!! A whole 3 minutes of it. The part where they were offering him the job for 4 thousand pounds or francs or whatever a month. Then he stood up mad because he thought it was charity and the guy told him it wasn't and then I turned the channel promptly.
Yes well good thing you didn't see the scene of him more or less preaching communistic ideals to his students. Some old movies just don't work well these days.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 03-10-2008, 05:34 PM   #20
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

QOTD: The weekend was pretty great. Played a ton of NHL 2k7 on Friday. Played some street hockey Sunday. Got some Super Smash Brothers Brawl action in on Sunday as well. Very successful weekend though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 03-10-2008, 06:41 PM   #21
MVP

WDOgF0reL1fe's Arena

OVR: 27
Played a BUNCH of smash bros brawl into the wee hours of the morning. Decent weekend, i think im getting sick now though. About time too, seein as how my brother has had mono for 2 weeks and i hadn't caught it yet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2008, 08:10 PM   #22
Banned

ColumbusKilled's Arena

OVR: 13

You should probably stop kissing him then, you're lucky not to be infected yet.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:15 PM   #23
MVP

joshuar9476's Arena

OVR: 19

best hockey fight ever ...

Fan of:
Indiana Hoosiers
Cincinnati Reds
Joey Logano
Old 03-10-2008, 10:36 PM   #24
MVP

rock85's Arena

OVR: 17
Good weekend play the new baseball games, and got drunk on Saturday night Fred Norris(and his band) from the Stern show was at our local bar /club. They are pretty good. Didn't like how the did Ozzy though, and LOL at that hockey fight

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »