Home

Thursday Morning Other Stuff (3-13-08)

This is a discussion on Thursday Morning Other Stuff (3-13-08) within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-13-2008, 08:50 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Thursday Morning Other Stuff (3-13-08)

The Rockets have won 20 straight. That is unbelievable. If they get by the Lakers and C's, that is going to be insane. Hopefully they don't sleep on the Bobcats.

Mr. Big Shot couldn't cash in last night, missing a buzzer beater to win the game. Come on Detroit, at home against the Sixers? Jeez. Can't win too many if RIP won't shoot! Get him the ball!

Gym Update: So, I'm at the gym again last night, dude is lifting a megaton of weight. I was watching him struggle, grunt, groan, etc. And all of the sudden he tries to put the weight back and misses the rack, oh boy... Talk about a nightmare about to unfold. The dude ended up sliding the weight off on one side and then gaining control over it. He's lucky he didn't hurt somebody. Funny thing is, he got up and put the weight back on and played it like NOTHING happened and did another 3 reps. Yeah, you're cool buddy, REAL cool. Did anyone see/hear it? Yeah, how about the entire gym saw it happen. I felt like pimp slapping him.

What's up with you?
  • QOTD: What is your most satisfying victory in any video game? (Win? Beat a game? etc.)
Happy Birthday to the following OS'ers!

dzl13 (28), EsaQue (23), J G 22 (21), Brandon13 (20), Macar91 (17)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2008, 09:02 AM   #2
All Star

OVR: 35
Re: Thursday Morning Other Stuff (3-13-08)

Hoping Dayton can pull off the huge upset against Xavier today. I think if they win, they can get into the field of 64.

QOTD: Winning the first Tecmo Super Bowl my freshman year in college. QB Eagles led to me a championship over the Dolphins.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:03 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 62

QOTD:
Winning the final game in Tecmo Bowl with the Raiders. Sure Bo Jackson was a beast, but their defense had no fast players.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:37 AM   #4
Let's Go Pens!

LetsGoBucs's Arena

OVR: 10

QOTD: I think it was when I beat Mike Tyson on Punchout. I hadn't played in years, and friends in college had it so we started playing. I went all the way through to Tyson (not sure how I did it!) To make a long story short - 3rd round, I'm one super punch away from beating Tyson, and I'm in the air cocked and ready and the bell rings. I could not believe it. But I ended up getting the decision. I thought it was impossible to win a decision against Tyson. I was pretty pumped...
NBA: Denver Nuggets, Orlando Magic
NCAA: Penn State Nittany Lions, Boston College Eagles
Old 03-13-2008, 10:05 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

I am hoping Baylor can beat Colorado today in the first round of the Big 12 tourny. Sucks that I have to be at work. What's even worse, if they do win, they play Oklahoma at the same time, 2pm and guess what I will be at work. What sucks more is, if they end up beating Oklahoma I will be at a wedding Saturday for the semi-final game. At least I could see them play if they make the Big 12 Championship...lol

QOTD: What does that even mean?

But to answer the question. I think my biggest upset was online two (maybe three?) NCAA Football's ago. It was an OS league and I upset BK's USC Trojans with the fight Baylor Bears.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2008, 10:09 AM   #6
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41
Whats up? Had an interview yesterday for an internal transfer. Better job, more autonomy, more money. Should hear soon.

QOTD: Gettign 100% on any GTA is an accomplishment, but any win against UF on NCAA feels pretty darn good
Old 03-13-2008, 10:16 AM   #7
Mr. Brightside

Acid's Arena

OVR: 52

QOTD: Winning the World Cup with the Ivory Coast in WC 06. Drogba was a beast.
But we all live in denial
Old 03-13-2008, 10:19 AM   #8
stewaat

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Gym Update: So, I'm at the gym again last night, dude is lifting a megaton of weight. I was watching him struggle, grunt, groan, etc. And all of the sudden he tries to put the weight back and misses the rack, oh boy... Talk about a nightmare about to unfold. The dude ended up sliding the weight off on one side and then gaining control over it. He's lucky he didn't hurt somebody. Funny thing is, he got up and put the weight back on and played it like NOTHING happened and did another 3 reps. Yeah, you're cool buddy, REAL cool. Did anyone see/hear it? Yeah, how about the entire gym saw it happen. I felt like pimp slapping him.

What's up with you?
  • QOTD: What is your most satisfying victory in any video game? (Win? Beat a game? etc.)
If I'm using a barbell with 5lb weights on the side...I use clamps. You will NEVER see me not use clamps. It takes a couple extra seconds and provides insurance to your lifts.

Hate is a strong word but it applies to my feelings towards people who think they are the **** in the gym but they are really just trying to overcompensate for some other short coming in life!

Yes I'm mean

QOTD: I'm pretty sure I discussed my Madden victory over a Madden Challenge winner. Short version: Played in Madden tourney and faced MC winner 1st round...held on for the victory...was one of two white people there...got respect from the brothers...money being tossed around on my game like crazy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »