Home

Monday Morning Other Stuff (3-17-08)

This is a discussion on Monday Morning Other Stuff (3-17-08) within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2008, 08:58 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Monday Morning Other Stuff (3-17-08)

Happy St. Patrick's Day! Wearing your green? If not, T.J. may try to pinch you, as he enjoys that sort of thing. A little too much, I might add...

Finally finished up the taxes over the weekend and will be sumbitting them today, at some point. Unfortunately, I have to take Nat to the dentist to get an X-ray on one of her teeth. It is causing a cyst in her gum line and needs to be removed. The referring dentist can't do anything w/o the X-ray, so we scheduled it as soon as we could.

Tiger Woods is pretty good huh? That was one hell of a putt... Dude is a machine.

The Rockets have won 22 games in a row, as they handled the Lakers. Can they get 33? What a crazy run. speaking of runs, 168 for Denver and it didn't even go overtime? Nice defense Sonics. Pistons rolled a very good Hornets team, so I'm happy.

Me and Nat saw Horton Hears a Who yesterday. I was shocked there weren't many in the theaters. It was a pretty good movie.

What's up with you?
  • QOTD: How was your weekend?
Happy Birthday to the following OS'ers!

dmbfan1970 (38), SLAPNUTS33 (37), claytronovich (23), -dirty- (20)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2008, 09:27 AM   #2
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41
Tiger Woods is unbelievable. Ive seen him play a few times and its just ridiculous.

Whats up? My taxes are getting done tonight (i hope) Outside of that, i just accepted the new job today, should start transitioning soon.

QOTD: Weekend was too short. I laid tile all weekend in re-doing our bathroom. Bigger project than i thought, but it looks awesome.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:32 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 62
Re: Monday Morning Other Stuff (3-17-08)

QOTD: I had a pretty good weekend, went to the mall on Saturday. I don't know what it is but the last few times I've been shopping I just haven't wanted to buy anything. Well at Old Navy that was because their spring clothes are catering to a different male demographic than myself and I am not talking about doing it by age. I don't have a PS3 yet (I think I finally broke my wife down and will get one for graduation as a family gift though ) so there were no must have games for me right now.

I am starting to get my resume out a little bit more now, nice to see some jobs finally opening up in this area. Well okay they wanted people substantially more experienced than myself but I can hope my resume will wow them enough to consider me. It is frustrating I graduated near the top of my class but I am having no luck so far. I've had one firm tell me to get back to them when I pass the bar and another 'firm' called and told me they would've hired me if they hadn't just disassociated. I am still waiting to here on a couple of clerkships and a couple other jobs. I guess I just gotta be patient, this should be easier once I pass the bar exam.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:44 AM   #4
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Moved back into the dorms. Subpar.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 03-17-2008, 09:45 AM   #5
All Star

nyisles16's Arena

OVR: 46

QOTD - my weekend wasn't too bad for a change.. I did work in the morning Saturday, but took off yesterday and celebrated my birthday with my family.. Off today too, then work 2 days, and off for another 2 this week

Counting down to the first of 3 vacation weeks (first week of April) - can't wait to basically "veg" out and not have to work..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2008, 10:04 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Had a pretty good weekend. Took my daughter to the "Discovery Center" (it's a museum/learning center, not sure how to explain it) Saturday afternoon, had a wedding to attend Saturday night. I watched Baylor get picked to go to the NCAA Tourny (almost had a heart attack being the last time selected) and got some gaming in.

Only two days away from the release of Vegas.

CAN'T WAIT!!!
Old 03-17-2008, 10:12 AM   #7
stewaat

OVR:

QOTD: Weekend was good. Friday I didn't get home til 5am but it was worth it. Saturday was ACC Tourney watching day. Yesterday was listen to game on radio as driving to baseball practice. I have a feeling that the short stop on the team I'm playing for is gonna hate me. I am going to take his position. He's 30, I'm 23 and in the best shape of my life...oh and I have a rocket arm. He thinks he's the best player in the league. That's a great mentality but once I step on the field it's nowhere near accurate. He can hold down SS when I pitch.

Old 03-17-2008, 10:36 AM   #8
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

QOTD - Weekend was decent, a lot of video recording and converting! My sons grandfather died, so him and his mother were out of town!

So I had plenty of time to watch College Basketball on CBS all Sunday! And get about 1 hour of gameplay out of MLB 08: The Show.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »