Home

Monday Morning Other Stuff (3-17-08)

This is a discussion on Monday Morning Other Stuff (3-17-08) within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2008, 12:46 PM   #9
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Monday Morning Other Stuff (3-17-08)

QOTD: Tapped a keg of Guinness on Saturday, had some people over for a cook out. Weekend was good!
Old 03-17-2008, 01:01 PM   #10
MVP

WDOgF0reL1fe's Arena

OVR: 27
QOTD: Busy weekend. Had my CHilis 3 on 3 basketball tournament. Didnt go so well... Maybe next year!
Old 03-17-2008, 02:43 PM   #11
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

QOTD: I hate Tiger Woods...He's already the greatest player in Golf history when the guy who was the greatest isn't even dead yet! Anywho, my weekend was quiet. I did some dubs for a couple people that i'm mailing out tomorrow. I got burned on a trade. The guy rated the video as a 7.7 when in reality it's about a 3 or a 4. The video is grainy, missing some footage and has video warping on the top of the screen. I watched 20 minutes of it and my eyes were in pain. I'll just have to remind myself not to deal with him again.

I felt a little under the weather yesterday but it was just a 24 hr bug my father OTOH has a full flu/cold. My work placement interview as you may know was canceled and i'm going tomorrow for an 11 AM appointment.

I watched All About Eve (1950) on Sunday. What a tour de force by Bette Davis. In many ways the themes explored in this movie is very much applicable to Hollywood today. I got a very creepy feeling watching Anne Baxter as the huge fan of Davis' character. There was a stalkerish vibe to it. The film also did a masterful job of building tension in some scenes (especially the whole party sequence) It also had some twists including the final twist that I partly guessed but the end result was a lot different then I thought it would be.

The only bad thing I can say about this is that the movie should've ended after Baxter received her reward and everyone left the banquet hall. The sequence that ended the film seemed a bit too "tacked on" for my tastes.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker

Last edited by SPTO; 03-17-2008 at 02:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2008, 03:39 PM   #12
Mr. Brightside

Acid's Arena

OVR: 52

My weekend was pretty sick. I had indoor soccer on Friday, we won 6-5 and I played a lot during the game, probably the most since my surgery. Saturday, I didn't do much, played some FIFA which I haven't been able to do in awhile and bought tickets for the CONCACAF Olympic Qualifying on Sunday. Sunday, 2 friends and I went to the Home Depot Center for Guatemala/Canada and Mexico/Haiti. We took longer than expected eating lunch, so we caught the last 20 minutes or so of Guatemala/Canada, Guatemala had already qualified and they pretty much threw the game (lost 5-0) so Mexico would have to match Canada's goals to advance. Mexico ended up winning 5-1, and they missed so many chances, they should have qualified. Even though the Home Depot Center was about half-empty, the atmosphere was incredible, the last 20 minutes of the game were ****ing intense. I wish the MLS could reach 1/10th of the atmosphere at this game.
But we all live in denial
Old 03-17-2008, 03:52 PM   #13
Isildur's Heir

McLite's Arena

OVR: 24

My weekend is only half over. When you get off work at 7pm on Saturday night and don't have to go back until 4pm on Wednesday... the weekend just drags!

Went out Saturday night with my girl and had a few Irish beers. Sunday we went shopping at the mall and at Costco. I love Costco...it's like a Sam's Club for those that don't have one. $120 later I have food for a month or two.

Also got to watch UNLV beat Utah then BYU in consecutive nights...life can't get any better than that!

Now I'm just looking forward to Rainbow Six 2.
Old 03-17-2008, 05:05 PM   #14
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50
QOTD: How was your weekend?

Weekend seemed to go by rather quickly. I had some family over this weekend visiting and took the kids to a local event downtown. The family went to dinner last night at my favorite Mexican Restaurant. I have not been there in a good two months. Finally got my Fantasy baseball league up and running over at Sportsgamer. Hopefully we can get this offline draft done before next week.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »