Home

NCAA Football 09, 08, 07 Screenshot Comparison

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09, 08, 07 Screenshot Comparison within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-21-2008, 08:45 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NCAA Football 09, 08, 07 Screenshot Comparison

Since there is always a debate on which player models are better, we've just posted a screenshot comparison between NCAA Football 09, 08 and 07. What are your thoughts?

Platform: Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2008, 09:35 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: NCAA Football 09, 08, 07 Screenshot Comparison

Steve,

Graphics and visuals are not what EA needs to worry about...The player models look beautiful and have been beautiful since NCAA hit next Gen. The area that can enhance the models is the overall gameplay, atmosphere, presentation and a broadcast style presentation that has left both NCAA and Madden rather hollow after the graphics...

I don't think NCAA needs to worry about Graphics...If they can have full player models on the sidelines that are the same quality as on the field while improving the gameplay and adding immersive 2k-ish presentation then those additions will help me appreciate the beautiful player models 10 fold.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:39 PM   #3
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldschool17
Steve,

Graphics and visuals are not what EA needs to worry about...The player models look beautiful and have been beautiful since NCAA hit next Gen. The area that can enhance the models is the overall gameplay, atmosphere, presentation and a broadcast style presentation that has left both NCAA and Madden rather hollow after the graphics...

I don't think NCAA needs to worry about Graphics...If they can have full player models on the sidelines that are the same quality as on the field while improving the gameplay and adding immersive 2k-ish presentation then those additions will help me appreciate the beautiful player models 10 fold.
Yup, I agree 100%. But there are people that love to talk about the differences in the models, no matter how small of a difference. So I figured I'd give them something to talk about.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:50 PM   #4
Banned

To answer your original question concerning the player models

I don't see a difference other than the skin tone on African American players seems to be a bit more natural looking instead of too shiny or too black.

Now if they add NaturalMotion or Euphoria physics to the models that will make them look and feel different
Old 03-21-2008, 11:37 PM   #5
Rookie

Steve,

I think the player models for 09 are much sharper and more detailed than the previous versions. Each year looked good to me, but i do see the detail they put into the model. I agree with oldschool17 when he mentions 2k-ish presentation and the overall atmosphere. Im not sure why its that hard to focus on improving these things instead of adding gimmicks. The game is still months away so we have hope.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2008, 07:02 AM   #6
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44
I honestly can't see a difference. It probably would have been made easier if the comparison was done with the same teams, i.e. 07 Oregon player vs 08 Oregon player. As it is, I can't tell the difference in models with those screens.
Old 03-22-2008, 07:44 AM   #7
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59
From those screens, I can't see much of a difference either.
Old 03-22-2008, 09:10 AM   #8
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

There isn't a significant difference. The main areas that needed to be adjusted was pad height, sleeve length on the uniform, pregnant OL and actual leg pads. The more important problem is the player movement. The models themselves don't seem to move naturally for some reason. The running motion was just off to some degree and when you cut there was too much of that herky-jerkyness.

Who knows though. The jerky movements may be reduced in '09 due to the new user-control jukes and moves and such.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »