Home

New WWE Video Game Announcement This Friday

This is a discussion on New WWE Video Game Announcement This Friday within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2008, 08:50 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
New WWE Video Game Announcement This Friday

According to VideoGamer, a new WWE video game announcement is coming on Friday. Any guesses as to what it might be? Probably painfully obvious, huh?

Quote:
"The announcement will follow the 6th Annual THQ Superstar Challenge, taking place at the House of Blues in Orlando on March 27. A total of 16 Superstars will compete in a single-elimination tournament to decide the new king or queen of WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2008. Reigning Challenge champion Elijah Burke will defend his title against superstars including Randy Orton, Carlito, Rey Mysterio, Matt Hardy and Ashley."
Platform: Xbox 360 / Wireless / PS2 / PS3 / Wii / PSP / NDS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2008, 09:48 AM   #2
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: New WWE Video Game Announcement This Friday

Assuming the announcement is the impending release of SVR 09, I hope that they put serious time into the 24/7 mode. The idea is great, but the execution was downright terrible. Not being able to use any wrestler on the roster was pathetic and that you usually face only mid-carders was annoying at best. I guess the developers figured that everyone would use the top guys so they kept them out of the storylines for the most part. I could go on and on about the myriad of ways they could make the mode more interactive and enjoyable, but I think that goes for everyone.

Also, could we please go after the IC & US belts, preferably before we get a chance at the HW belt? Oh and cutscenes that actually are in context would be nice as well. Why on earth would I slap five or shadow box with my opponent backstage before our match? Unless you're trying to tell me wrestling is fake or something...
Old 03-27-2008, 09:51 AM   #3
Th* ******

Spectre's Arena

OVR: 27

IMHO they need to completely scrap 24/7

Go back to text dialogue between wrestlers- the voice acting is a waste of disk space and is not memorable at all. Most importantly, it prevents using created wrestlers in any story mode. Lame

I think SvR 09 is going to be a complete crapfest so I have no expectations whatsoever. That series is so stale right now.

Old 03-27-2008, 10:00 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 9

How about using a created singles title in ANY type of match. I just created a belt with a friend and max out its attributes but we can't defend it in a elimination chamber, hell in a cell, triple threat or any kind of match beyond 2 people. Yet all the regular titles can be defended like that. Its really stupid.

oh ya and get rid of the showman, dirty and that crap. I hate being stuck with 2 measly things and not be able to do other moves.
Old 03-27-2008, 12:48 PM   #5
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
I hate that THQ has exclusive rights to WWE games. I'm a big wrestling fan but I hardly ever play SVR08. Someone else needs to put out a game totally different.

The replay value just isn't very high.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2008, 12:53 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56

I heard that JR posted on one of his blogs that THQ was working on a new concept video game...so im not sure if its just SVR09.
Old 03-27-2008, 01:01 PM   #7
MVP

Thrash13's Arena

OVR: 7

Making the Wii version worth playing would be a good start. The Wii version had serious potential, but a bunch of 1 and 2 minute matches just doesn't get it done for me. They have some work to do on that version for sure.

It's Wrestlemania weekend, so that just means the announcement of SD vs. RAW 09. Nothing big, but I'm sure we will get our usual teaser trailer.
Old 03-27-2008, 05:18 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by statum71
I hate that THQ has exclusive rights to WWE games. I'm a big wrestling fan but I hardly ever play SVR08. Someone else needs to put out a game totally different.

The replay value just isn't very high.
Thank god for the TNA game developed by midway, hopefully THQ and the wwe will have to sit up and take notice come June 24th.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »