Home

Monday Morning Other Stuff (3-31-08)

This is a discussion on Monday Morning Other Stuff (3-31-08) within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2008, 08:16 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Monday Morning Other Stuff (3-31-08)

Popped in a few games over the weekend, all non sports gaming related. You see, I have this problem, where I buy a game, then let it sit there for months before unwrapping, because there isn't enough time in the day. Anyways, I'm just trying to catch up on some of my gaming.

Washed the truck on Sunday, and wouldn't you know, it's raining today. Good ole' weathermen come through for me yet again. No rain for 7 days! Yea, ok...

All the #1 seeds are in the Final Four, can't wait for the games. I was pulling for Davidson, but now I don't know who I'll pull for. I just hope for some close games, no blowouts!

What's up with you?
  • QOTD: How was your weekend?
Happy Birthday to the following OS'ers!

bogeyexpress (38), choadler (35), LetsGoBucs (32), BoLo (26), soxboy7 (21), XboxRocks1991 (17)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2008, 08:20 AM   #2
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41
Whats up? Not too much on another Monday. Trying to survive the first few hours at work

QOTD: Weekend was good. Saw 21 (was ok), watched basketball (Go UNC) and that about sums it up
Old 03-31-2008, 08:50 AM   #3
All Star

OVR: 35
Re: Monday Morning Other Stuff (3-31-08)

QOTD: Was in Dayton for my wife's grandmother's funeral all weekend. Looking forward to some happier times, including Opening Day.
Old 03-31-2008, 09:01 AM   #4
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

I'm probably the only1 who thinks this way, but I'll write it anyway. I don't like the GTA series. I think Rockstar stopped making quality games after Max Payne 2. GTA was nice when GTA 3 was released but after that every GTA was the same! OK, so there were more cars, more cities etc, but the game was just the same. Rockstar used exactly the same graphics for 4-5 years without the slightest change. I can't believe people payed full price for every title, because most of them weren't even good enough for being called 'expansion packs'. C'mmon! For 10 more cars and new map we need to pay full price? And then it's gotten worse - Rockstar didn't even made the slightest effort to create new cities or characters, they just added "Stories" to older titles names and that was it. The new GTA IV is gonna be a blast - for a few weeks. Then Rockstar will start all over again - another GTA every few months with the exact same graphics for 4-5 years and nothing new...
Actually Rockstar reminds me of another company that make some sports games...mmm...u know...

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Old 03-31-2008, 09:43 AM   #5
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

QOTD - tired. Played black jack in Vegas for 11 hours straight Friday into Saturday. Took the red eye home, still beat today.

Vegas still rules, had a blast, came home up $100 overall, so I can't complain.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2008, 09:45 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
I'm probably the only1 who thinks this way, but I'll write it anyway. I don't like the GTA series. I think Rockstar stopped making quality games after Max Payne 2. GTA was nice when GTA 3 was released but after that every GTA was the same! OK, so there were more cars, more cities etc, but the game was just the same. Rockstar used exactly the same graphics for 4-5 years without the slightest change. I can't believe people payed full price for every title, because most of them weren't even good enough for being called 'expansion packs'. C'mmon! For 10 more cars and new map we need to pay full price? And then it's gotten worse - Rockstar didn't even made the slightest effort to create new cities or characters, they just added "Stories" to older titles names and that was it. The new GTA IV is gonna be a blast - for a few weeks. Then Rockstar will start all over again - another GTA every few months with the exact same graphics for 4-5 years and nothing new...
Actually Rockstar reminds me of another company that make some sports games...mmm...u know...
Yes they have done nothing new and it's the same as the past...
Old 03-31-2008, 09:50 AM   #7
All Star

nyisles16's Arena

OVR: 46

QOTD - worked, but counting down the days to my (first of three) vacation (starts Wednesday).. Enjoyed the Davidson/Kansas game (really stupid play call at the end) and the start of the "American" baseball season (don't really count those Japan games as "real")
Old 03-31-2008, 02:24 PM   #8
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20

QOTD: Garbage weekend. Had to work the whole damn thing, including all day and night on Sunday. Knowing I have Tues and Wed off is whats keeping me going.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »