Home

Tuesday Morning Other Stuff (4-1-08)

This is a discussion on Tuesday Morning Other Stuff (4-1-08) within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2008, 07:41 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Tuesday Morning Other Stuff (4-1-08)

Beware of April Fool's Day...OK, once again, the preperation of getting my daughter's tooth pulled happens today. This time for real. I am so NOT looking forward to this.

I don't watch a lot of women's basketball, but the Stanford/Maryland game last night had me glued to the set. That Wiggins girl can shoot the rock!

What's up with you?
  • QOTD: When growing up, I'm sure you were fooled or pulled off a good prank on this day, what were they?
Happy Birthday to the following OS'ers!

q_bert183, jobuedahgo (31), indigoranch (28), Drugalore (20)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2008, 08:02 AM   #2
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41
Good luck with the "Tooth Debacle". Hoepfully this is it and your daughter can just go back to being a regular kid with no dentist worries!

Whats up? Prepping for my last audit before i switch jobs
Old 04-01-2008, 08:39 AM   #3
All Star

OVR: 35
Re: Tuesday Morning Other Stuff (4-1-08)

QOTD: I can't remember one that happened to me, but in college one of my friends snuck into our friends' room at night and painted their fingernails. They ended up going to class the next morning with "their nails done".
Old 04-01-2008, 08:42 AM   #4
Older

luv_mist's Arena

OVR: 33
Never really got into April Fool's Day. Worst joke was that one about the next NFL 2K coming out that the site had exclusive info about. Click the page to see the photoshop. Was pretty hilarious stuff. Me, I'm not cruel like that.

On another note, I'm seeing Sony really push the envelope more with trying to get their system out there. Pretty solid move they just pulled. Now they're the cheapest system out of the three on the market. Wonder how that'll do for their sales this year. Definitely see myself getting a PS3 sometime before 08 finishes.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:42 AM   #5
MVP

Pete1210's Arena

OVR: 30

That $150 P3 has to be an April Fools joke... right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2008, 10:22 AM   #6
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20

I remember the Marvel vs Capcom 3 April Fools joke. That looks pretty real.

QOTD: My roommate took all the light bulbs out of the house and it was pitch black when I got home so I was stuck looking around the whole place trying to find them. He got me pretty good.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:39 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69
Anyone who falls for that $150 PS3 thing is an April Fool, lol!

QOTD:

We did a joke on the radio a few years ago where, without any sort of promo, went on the air at 7pm that night, broadcasting "Opening Day" of Wilmington's new minor league baseball team, live from the "new river front stadium" downtown.

Having minor league ball in Wilmington has been a big object of contention for years. They had two cracks at it in the last 15 years, but both times, it didn't work because they had to play in UNCW's stadium, which means no beer sales (state university rules).

Anyway, we went on the air with the pregame show and did an entire 9-inning broadcast of a baseball game that wasn't actually happening in a stadium that didn't exist. We had sound effects, had the mayor up into the "broadcast booth" in the 3rd inning, postgame player interviews, the whole 9 yards.

The reaction was fantastic. We got newspaper and TV coverage out of it...the AP even picked up on the story and it was reported nationally in some markets. My broadcast partner and I did about 20 interviews on radio stations all over the country after it was all said and done.

Needless to say, this prank worked like a charm. Apparently, there were tons of people circling around the streets of downtown Wilmington trying to find the new ballpark.
Old 04-01-2008, 02:15 PM   #8
MVP

WDOgF0reL1fe's Arena

OVR: 27

QOTD: well... i was fooled on the internet by Gamefaqs one year. I think it was 2001 but i could be wrong. The site did a major overhaul and it was now "dedicated" to the only system that mattered. The Xbox. The was green and white and they only had xbox links on it.

Pretty crazy

Follow me on Twitter yeah.
@WillSoistman
Dibs: Jennifer Aniston

"Success isn't earned, it's leased. Rent is due every damn day.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »