Home

GT5: Prologue vs. Forza 2 vs. PGR4

This is a discussion on GT5: Prologue vs. Forza 2 vs. PGR4 within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2008, 10:59 AM   #9
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: GT5: Prologue vs. Forza 2 vs. PGR4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre
Based on initial impressions, it seems Forza blows GT's racing AI, car physics, and online functionality out of the water. I was a religious GT guy for a long time but can't play GT anymore because of how predictable the AI was in that series.
I felt that forza's AI was trash. They were always on a rail and would even knock you out of the way in turns because you were in their way.
Old 04-03-2008, 06:33 PM   #10
fishstick

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount
I felt that forza's AI was trash. They were always on a rail and would even knock you out of the way in turns because you were in their way.
Are you talking Forza 2 ? I had a lot of issue with the AI in Forza but Turn10 seemed to make some good improvements with Forza 2. There are still a few ahole AI drivers but each seems to have their own personality and once you get to know then you know who is going to close the door hard on you and not give you any space in corners if you push them. In fact Forza 2's AI is pretty much the cream of the console crop. I don't think GT is going to come close to competing with Forza 2's AI - the only game that might is GRID.

Old 04-03-2008, 07:06 PM   #11
Th* ******

Spectre's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishstick
Are you talking Forza 2 ? I had a lot of issue with the AI in Forza but Turn10 seemed to make some good improvements with Forza 2. There are still a few ahole AI drivers but each seems to have their own personality and once you get to know then you know who is going to close the door hard on you and not give you any space in corners if you push them. In fact Forza 2's AI is pretty much the cream of the console crop. I don't think GT is going to come close to competing with Forza 2's AI - the only game that might is GRID.
There was only one AI driver that acted like a butthole, I forget the name. Something Italian though.

I definitely did not think the drivers in Forza were driving on rails. Even if they were, I can guarantee its 1000x better than what I experienced throughout the GT series. In fact, the Forza 2 AI is quantum years ahead of what we've seen in GT.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2008, 07:53 PM   #12
MVP

Pete1210's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
PGR4 is one of the most underrated racers released in a long time. Fantastic game on and offline, yet no one gave it any pub when it hit the shelves.
Agreed. It got buried by COD4 and a few other fall games. Plus it released a little too close to Forza2, which my friends were still racing, but I found boring.
A few of my friends recently picked up PGR4 and we've been racing on Sunday nights.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:18 PM   #13
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Why are you guys proclaiming PGR over GT when no one here has played it?

Most review sites are saying GT is the best looking racer on the market. My friend has the Japanese version of GT, personally I think it tops Forza and PGR graphically. Mode wise no.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:13 PM   #14
All Star

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus GTR
Why are you guys proclaiming PGR over GT when no one here has played it?

Most review sites are saying GT is the best looking racer on the market. My friend has the Japanese version of GT, personally I think it tops Forza and PGR graphically. Mode wise no.
Because people here know the history of GT. It's like Miller Lite -- tastes great, less filling. All graphics, no gameplay.

GT has no damage model. It has brain-dead AI. Yet Sony has the balls to call it "The Real Driving Simulator?"

Take care,
PK
Old 04-04-2008, 09:12 AM   #15
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk500
Because people here know the history of GT. It's like Miller Lite -- tastes great, less filling. All graphics, no gameplay.

GT has no damage model. It has brain-dead AI. Yet Sony has the balls to call it "The Real Driving Simulator?"

Take care,
PK
Which is why I'll take PGR4 or the entire MSR/PGR series. It's never hidden from what it is, an arcade racer that is gorgeous to look at. I respect that more, and have had more fun playing MSR/PGR and Midtown Madness than I ever had playing Gran Turismo or Forza.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2008, 04:48 PM   #16
All Star

OVR: 20

This feature explains perfectly why Gran Turismo sucks like a Hoover:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=186218

Take care,