Home

NHL 09: Community Event Recap: 5W-G

This is a discussion on NHL 09: Community Event Recap: 5W-G within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2008, 12:07 AM   #1
Swiper

hdaniel1's Arena

OVR: 48
NHL 09: Community Event Recap: 5W-G

Shawn Drotar over at 5W-G has posted a article called NHL 09: Community Event Recap.

Quote:
"EA Canada has been a surprisingly nimble studio in the last few years, especially in contract with sister studio EA Tiburon in Florida, as the Burnaby-based developer has been able to make momentous strides from year to year with its products rather than incremental ones."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2008, 10:29 AM   #2
MVP

Flyermania's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NHL 09: Community Event Recap: 5W-G

It truly is amazing to think how far this series has come since it went to next-gen. The last EA effort I enjoyed previously was NHL 2004 on the PC, but NHL 07 and especially NHL 08 made tremendous strides in getting this series back on track. The developer's passion for the sport is obvious, and it is great to read that they solicited feedback and ideas from the community as they look to move forward with NHL 09.

Last edited by Flyermania; 04-08-2008 at 10:31 AM.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:55 AM   #3
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyermania
It truly is amazing to think how far this series has come since it went to next-gen. The last EA effort I enjoyed previously was NHL 2004 on the PC, but NHL 07 and especially NHL 08 made tremendous strides in getting this series back on track. The developer's passion for the sport is obvious, and it is great to read that they solicited feedback and ideas from the community as they look to move forward with NHL 09.
Yeah, it's funny, I'm actually thinking of skipping 09 - not because I'm frustrated with the current edition (See: Madden, NCAA Football) but because I am enjoying the current version so much that I may not need it.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:00 AM   #4
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29

After seeing the improvement made from 07 to 08,I've actually been very anxious to get my mits on 09.I wish 2K would have kept the passion they had at one point for their hockey game.In any case it is amazing to think of EA putting so much passion and effort into their hockey series of all sports series.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:07 AM   #5
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
After seeing the improvement made from 07 to 08,I've actually been very anxious to get my mits on 09.I wish 2K would have kept the passion they had at one point for their hockey game.In any case it is amazing to think of EA putting so much passion and effort into their hockey series of all sports series.
I probably should have ended my previous post with "yeah, and who am I kidding?"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2008, 12:19 PM   #6
MVP

Flyermania's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdgoalie37
I probably should have ended my previous post with "yeah, and who am I kidding?"
I feel the same way. As much as I enjoy 08, NHL 09 (barring some catastrophic change of direction in the series) will be a release day pick-up for me.
Old 04-08-2008, 01:25 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Absolutely.
Bangpow from Consolesports.net, who attended, made it sound like all our gripes are on their 'fix list'.

I think if 2K gave their team more money and resources they would be right up there too.
What's funny is, 2K8 had a lot of good to it.
They just need to polish the game up and dumb-down the controls a bit. There's no need for two speed buttons. Analog should do it all.
Old 04-08-2008, 01:48 PM   #8
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

I was thinking about skipping 09 as well since I thought there was no way EA can duplicate this effort. Why hockey though. I guess there is less people to complain about it not being fun with too much sim elements. I will definitely pick this one up the first day.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »