Home

Could EA Change Their Mind About Selling NFL Head Coach 09 Separately?

This is a discussion on Could EA Change Their Mind About Selling NFL Head Coach 09 Separately? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-09-2008, 12:13 AM   #1
Swiper

hdaniel1's Arena

OVR: 48
Could EA Change Their Mind About Selling NFL Head Coach 09 Separately?

Pasta Padre has posted a interesting article called Could EA Change Their Mind About Selling NFL Head Coach 09 Separately?.

Quote:
"I still feel that this is a decision EA may reverse. Curiously Gamestop/EB still lists Head Coach as releasing individually on September 4th. Generally when an announcement is made they would make corrections to their database, so to see it still there makes you wonder if things are up in the air or if a contrary decision has been made behind the scenes."
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2008, 01:02 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 10
Who really cares?! Not me. I refuse to buy any EA products.

Last edited by rm217; 04-09-2008 at 01:04 AM.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:10 AM   #3
Have you seen my baseball

BlyGilmore's Arena

OVR: 44
If there's one thing i've learned over the years its to never, ever put any credibility into release dates posted by EBGames, Gamestop, Wal-mart or any other retail web sites. People treat them like news sources when they're often wrong, have made some silly mistakes over the years and generally not reputable as a news sources.

(Most famously was EB Games listing the release date of Madden in July a few years back - people went nuts, then late June came and the site changed the date to the typical late August release).
Old 04-09-2008, 06:34 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Could EA Change Their Mind About Selling NFL Head Coach 09 Separately?

I still think if you want Head Coach on August 12, you'll be buying the Anniversary Edition.

I do predict that Head Coach will be released as an individual game a few months after, perhaps in November. EA will have already gotten a feel over how the AE has sold by then, and the "value" of the $90 AE will have taken a fall by then. Madden stand-alone would still be $60, and Head Coach stand alone would be either $40 or $50.
MLB: Chicago White Sox
NCAA: Florida State Seminoles

Old 04-10-2008, 03:46 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayaHataSupreme
I still think if you want Head Coach on August 12, you'll be buying the Anniversary Edition.

I do predict that Head Coach will be released as an individual game a few months after, perhaps in November. EA will have already gotten a feel over how the AE has sold by then, and the "value" of the $90 AE will have taken a fall by then. Madden stand-alone would still be $60, and Head Coach stand alone would be either $40 or $50.
I think you have a reasonable prediction here.

Many of us (hardcore football gamers) will pay $90 for Madden and HC together. Many people who would have just bought Madden, will pay the extra money to get HC.

Then, later in the Fall, EA could possibly release a stand alone version of HC, particularly if HC receives critical acclaim and/or a lot of fan interest.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2008, 05:43 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 10

I planned on paying the full $59 for this game and skipping Madden for another year. If this truely is bundled with Madden then I'll skip both and wait for used copy of HC. Not sure if others are like me but they'd clearly benefit from selling it individually in my case. Whatever though, I'm sure it'll suck anyway.
Old 04-11-2008, 01:07 AM   #7
Itsy Bitsy Spider

kodiak's Arena

OVR: 18

According to what was sent through our email at work today, EA is still releasing NFL HC as a stand alone in Sept. But if you want it in August you have to buy the Madden Anniv edition. So for those who do not want Madden, they can still have NFL HC, but will have to pay full price for it and wait until Sept. Still a ways off and that could change, but that was what came through our email tonight.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »