Home

Don King Presents: Prizefighter Executive Producer Throws Jabs at EA, Interview: CVG

This is a discussion on Don King Presents: Prizefighter Executive Producer Throws Jabs at EA, Interview: CVG within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-15-2008, 08:45 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Don King Presents: Prizefighter Executive Producer Throws Jabs at EA, Interview: CVG

CVG has posted the following Don King Presents: Prizefighter articles:
  • Don King Presents: Prizefighter Man Throws Punches at EA

Quote:
    "I don't know how many times you can see a face change when you hit it," he said. "It kind of reminds me of dropping a watermelon off a ten story building; you kind of do it once and say, 'oh, that's cool'.

"And obviously it doesn't really have any deep story - it has these characters that have personalities but I doubt there's going to be any real deep, immersive story like we have in Prizefighter."
  • Don King Presents: Prizefighter Interview

Quote:
    CVG: "Getting to the actual meat of the game... how do the fighting controls work?"

Matthew Seymour: "Obviously our big competition is Fight Night and the 'Total Punch Control TM'. We based our controls on the Street Fighter mechanics, so everything's on the face buttons, shoulders and triggers. The reason we do that is because our game plays much faster like real boxing.

So when you throw a jab, we want you to throw a jab, not searching to click left on the analogue, spin it around..."
Platform: Xbox 360 / Wii / NDS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2008, 07:10 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
The Prizefighter screens look great. The video looks like Fight Night Round 2. Awesome. A boxing game that looks 4 years old and plays like Street Fighter. Sign me up. I disagree with Don King...this game LACKS "spectaculosity." What the hell that means...
Old 04-15-2008, 07:36 PM   #3
Banned

Jon22's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Don King Presents: Prizefighter Executive Producer Throws Jabs at EA, Interview:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeH592
The Prizefighter screens look great. The video looks like Fight Night Round 2. Awesome. A boxing game that looks 4 years old and plays like Street Fighter. Sign me up. I disagree with Don King...this game LACKS "spectaculosity." What the hell that means...
Welcome... with your first post. Just 5 years after you signed up.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:00 PM   #4
MVP

Brian_OS's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Don King Presents: Prizefighter Executive Producer Throws Jabs at EA, Interview:

they should not be taking jabs at anyone yet...
Old 04-15-2008, 09:44 PM   #5
MVP

Vast's Arena

OVR: 18

I don't know guys. A linear career mode in a boxing game is exactly what i DON'T WANT.

im excited to play a new boxing engine. but the career mode does nothing for me. what happens if i lose a fight??? will a big "game over, try again" screen come up??

this sux. I think HE dropped the ball hard.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2008, 09:53 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
I don't know guys. A linear career mode in a boxing game is exactly what i DON'T WANT.

im excited to play a new boxing engine. but the career mode does nothing for me. what happens if i lose a fight??? will a big "game over, try again" screen come up??

this sux. I think HE dropped the ball hard.
co-sign
Old 04-15-2008, 10:06 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon22
Welcome... with your first post. Just 5 years after you signed up.
he just wanted to ease into posting.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:42 AM   #8
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeH592
I believe that "spectaculosity" is an old wooden ship that was used in the early 1500's to transport wheat from America to Spain......

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »