Home

Madden 09: Madden Mondays Week 2: Snow Day! Weather

This is a discussion on Madden 09: Madden Mondays Week 2: Snow Day! Weather within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2008, 10:56 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Madden 09: Madden Mondays Week 2: Snow Day! Weather

Gamestop has updated their Madden Monday with some weather related information.

Quote:
"Although some games are played in domes, football remains one of the sports in which weather can be a factor. Some of the most memorable football moments come when teams battle the elements and each other. Who can forget last year's blizzard-like Seahawks vs. Packers playoff game, or the 1967 "Ice Bowl?"

For our continuing Madden Mondays series, EA Sports has given us another exclusive sneak peek at one of the features of Madden NFL 09, shipping out August 12, as well as the 20th Anniversary Collector's Edition of Madden NFL 09 for Xbox 360 and PS3. In their efforts to enhance the drama and emotion of a real football game, they've taken on the weather."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS2 / PS3 / Wii / PSP / NDS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2008, 11:26 AM   #2
Goon Squad

ProStylez's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Madden 09: Madden Mondays Week 2: Snow Day! Weather

Winter just ended yesterday here in Wisconsin I dont even want to hear about snow
Old 04-21-2008, 11:38 AM   #3
Pro

Dbrentonbuck's Arena

OVR: 6

And, before anyone starts to complain please realize that these are not the main features or upgrades to Madden 09. These are table scraps thrown to GameStop. I hope there won't be 100 posts about "They spend their time putting more snow on the field but not improving game play . . . oh and where are the refs". This has NOTHING to do with game play. GameStop probably begged EA to give them content to drive traffic to the site where you would order the game from them. That is all this is. It is the stuff EA felt wasn't worthy of the main release of information that is sure to come.

On another note, I think it looks 300% better than last year's weather in the game.
Old 04-21-2008, 11:42 AM   #4
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18

Lets see that's TD celebrations and weather.......I guess they won't get into the nitty gritty until the release date draws close.....M glad there correcting the weather issue though.....Because I love playing in the rain or snow in APF,they have the weather down pack.
Old 04-21-2008, 11:49 AM   #5
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbrentonbuck
On another note, I think it looks 300% better than last year's weather in the game.

i agree

to me it looks like 2k5 weather......which is good

PLUS the mention of the snow being pushed to sidelines as well as piling up on the field
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2008, 11:55 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbrentonbuck
And, before anyone starts to complain please realize that these are not the main features or upgrades to Madden 09. These are table scraps thrown to GameStop. I hope there won't be 100 posts about "They spend their time putting more snow on the field but not improving game play . . . oh and where are the refs". This has NOTHING to do with game play. GameStop probably begged EA to give them content to drive traffic to the site where you would order the game from them. That is all this is. It is the stuff EA felt wasn't worthy of the main release of information that is sure to come.

Yea they keep saying its not the "main" features, but I guarantee you these will be part of EA's press release on the new features, and will probably be featured on the back of the box. So these are new features not table scraps. However I'm not complaining yet because we don't know anything about this game except better weather and TD celebrations. Looking forward to more announcements, but smart enough to not get my hopes up too high.
Old 04-21-2008, 11:56 AM   #7
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13

About time they took weather seriously. I hated the weather in the in the next gen version. The ps2 and xbox version had better overall weather. I remember seeing a heavy downpour in madden 05, it was the first time i wowed at weather in a madden game. The splashes and lighting were great.

I'm glad that their giving attention to the weather now. Hopefully they'll allow this online as well. After a couple seasons or so i stop my franchise and just do online, i hated always having the nice sunny weather.
Old 04-21-2008, 12:19 PM   #8
2010,13,15,16 CHAMPS!

SidVish's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
To give Mother Nature the respect she deserves, they've overhauled everything from Madden 08 to give you a movie-like experience. One of these overhauls is fog, and lots of it. It gives a greater sense of depth and scale and makes the stadiums seem huge. We've heard that no two snowflakes are alike, and although we haven't seen every flake in Madden 09, we can tell you the snow is more realistic than ever. You'll see deeper snow on the fields, with dramatic accumulation and realistic wear from play. Player's footsteps will leave imprints, snow will be piled on the sidelines and the yardage lines will be shoveled, just like in a real game. We probably won't see a snowplow clearing off a space for a field goal since the NFL banned their use after the infamous 1982 "Snowplow Game." But you never know.

Thank you for adding a much needed feature.
"I thought LeBron James was just going to be another addition to help me score."
Ricky Davis
Quote:
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »