Home

Pasta Padre-"No variable weather for online games"

This is a discussion on Pasta Padre-"No variable weather for online games" within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2008, 11:03 AM   #9
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Pasta Padre-"No variable weather for online games"

As much as I've criticized Madden recently (not necessarily in this forum but elsewhere), I agree with Coogrfan here. Rome wasn't built in a day, and there are more pressing issues for EA to iron out in the game and its online component than dynamic online weather.

Yes it is a drag that it isn't an option, but suppose that the only way EA could put it in this year would cause laggy connections and random disconnects during games in the elements. Would it really be worth it?

By comparison, did All Pro Football 2K8 and NFL 2K5 allow games in rain and snow during online leagues? I don't think either did.

I guess it helps that I'm not really an online gamer, though.
Old 04-23-2008, 11:21 AM   #10
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13

This might not be a big issue with some of you, but to me this is a game killer We've had 3 madden games so far on the next generation, why is it that we still don't have online weather? I mean c-mon. Their talking about the lag issue, again this'll be the 4th madden game on the 360.....why wasn't this issue already addressed before hand?

This seriously puts me in a bad mood. After about two franchise season or so, i normally stop playing the franchise mode and stick throughly to online. After a while the franchise mode gets boring. You can predict the AI and normally win most if not all your games on All Pro. I know theres all Madden but the last time i played that, it felt like the game was cheating more than it was being hard. There just wasn't enough things to do in the franchise to merrit more then a couple of seasons. (Talking about 07 since its the last one i brought).

So because of that, i only play online after my two franchise season. And really it sucks playing every single in game in perfect sun shiny weather. I mean they could of at least put different times of day if they couldn't do weather, yet they refused. I just can't stand playing in perfect weather every single online match. I've been complaining about this after 06. I can understand the reason in 06. The game was new and they of course needed time to get things together. I even let it go a bit in 07 because again, they were building up. But when i heard 08 was doing the same thing, turned me off, and now its the same for 09. Truly sad.

I was expecting a lot from this madden. I'm not going to let this little thing stop me from buying the game though, but its just sad that they have yet to implement weather in the online games.
Old 04-23-2008, 02:17 PM   #11
MVP

yamabushi's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Perhaps, but the big things are still more important. Variable weather is a mere extra, online lag is a game killer.

EA has it's priorities straight here, imo.
Your assuming EA is working on the Lag over 'back of the box' features like celebrations and pretty picture weather effects. Im not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2008, 02:34 PM   #12
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamabushi
Your assuming EA is working on the Lag over 'back of the box' features like celebrations and pretty picture weather effects. Im not.
You're right, I am making an assumption here. My basis for this is the quote from Phil Frazier in the OP:

Quote:
"Weather will not be available online. It’s clear that many of you are interested in this functionality so it’s already on my growing list of features from the community. Honestly, I’d prefer if we solved the online lag issues before we worry about weather. "
As I see it the implication there is that solving the lag issues is being given a high priority. You, of course, are free to think otherwise.
Old 04-23-2008, 03:37 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

EA lost alot of fans with this one. I dont like seeing half way features. If you are posting screens and new information on weather, its kind of lame to backtrack and say..OH YEA..NO CHANGE IN WEATHER ONLINE. lol...If you want to recreate the NFC championship, you are gonna have to do it offline with another friend lol.
Old 04-23-2008, 03:44 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 12

Shouldn't online lag have been an issue dealt with in the last 3 titles for the next gen systems?
Old 04-23-2008, 04:10 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
You're right, I am making an assumption here. My basis for this is the quote from Phil Frazier in the OP:
Quote:
"Weather will not be available online. It’s clear that many of you are interested in this functionality so it’s already on my growing list of features from the community. Honestly, I’d prefer if we solved the online lag issues before we worry about weather. "
Notice the "if" in his quote. Why is lag still an issue in the first place?? Shouldn't this be one of the first things addressed since alomst every other game can play online lag free? Between all the different teams of developers at EA can't someone figure out how to make a football game without lag?

Don't be shocked if Madden still blows to play online.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2008, 04:26 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
As much as I've criticized Madden recently (not necessarily in this forum but elsewhere), I agree with Coogrfan here. Rome wasn't built in a day, and there are more pressing issues for EA to iron out in the game and its online component than dynamic online weather.

Yes it is a drag that it isn't an option, but suppose that the only way EA could put it in this year would cause laggy connections and random disconnects during games in the elements. Would it really be worth it?

By comparison, did All Pro Football 2K8 and NFL 2K5 allow games in rain and snow during online leagues? I don't think either did.

I guess it helps that I'm not really an online gamer, though.
I don't know about APF 2K8 but NFL 2K5 certainly did. I remember winning a tough game in Philly under a heavy downpour in my league game. But I agree that this is lower on the priority list than lag or disconnects.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »