Home

Pasta Padre-"No variable weather for online games"

This is a discussion on Pasta Padre-"No variable weather for online games" within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2008, 10:08 AM   #17
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Pasta Padre-"No variable weather for online games"

All may not be lost after all, guys:

Quote:
Posted: : fillycheze (EA....
Apr 24, 2008 2:32 AM
I'm seeing many similar questions so I'm going to take a shot at responding to groups of messages at a time.

Franchise Enhancements - There are many questions behind progression, stat generation, etc... We are in the middle of some serious tuning to all of the franchise systems. I'll alert our Franchise designer to the specific feedback in this thread so we can make sure those areas get addressed. Many of them are already known (i.e. progression) but I'll make sure the design team and QA also look into issues surrounding the draft import, etc...

Smart Routes - I noticed this question in a post or two. Yep, smart routes will be back this year.

Online Weather - Based on the response, mostly negative, to this news I've sparked up a new conversation with the design team. We're looking into some alternatives on how we may be able to get weather online but I honestly can't promise anything right now. At best, we might be able to squeeze in support for random (within reason) weather online. If we get it in, I'll notify the community through this site.
Old 04-24-2008, 12:32 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 17

This isn't a huge deal for me either. Like somebody already said, Rome wasn't built in a day. I takes time to build a new game for a new console cycle.....especially when you're releasing a new one every year. Most consider Madden 05 the jewel of the last gen Madden games. It didn't happen overnight. It took several years for the game to get to that point. The same applies here. You can only do so much in a limited amount of time. And after readong the Q&A at the top of the page, it sounds like they're working on alot as it is for this year's game. Patience, grasshopper.
Old 04-24-2008, 12:43 PM   #19
Pro

clarkerots's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicatz
This isn't a huge deal for me either. Like somebody already said, Rome wasn't built in a day. I takes time to build a new game for a new console cycle.....especially when you're releasing a new one every year. Most consider Madden 05 the jewel of the last gen Madden games. It didn't happen overnight. It took several years for the game to get to that point. The same applies here. You can only do so much in a limited amount of time. And after readong the Q&A at the top of the page, it sounds like they're working on alot as it is for this year's game. Patience, grasshopper.
Sorry, not buying this one. Hate to bring up the name, but reality is that the 2K series took 3 "tries" before it got a super quality PS2 jewel. The Madden series took forever to get it's jewel AND lets not forget that Madden 05 is simply a jewel due to the fine work of non-EA employees who created a Manifesto....without that, 05 is still unplayable from a Franchise sense. "First in run defense, last in pass defense." Everyone who's played Madden Franchise was familiar with that one.
Old 04-24-2008, 07:29 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallfever
This might not be a big issue with some of you, but to me this is a game killer We've had 3 madden games so far on the next generation, why is it that we still don't have online weather? I mean c-mon. Their talking about the lag issue, again this'll be the 4th madden game on the 360.....why wasn't this issue already addressed before hand?

This seriously puts me in a bad mood. After about two franchise season or so, i normally stop playing the franchise mode and stick throughly to online. After a while the franchise mode gets boring. You can predict the AI and normally win most if not all your games on All Pro. I know theres all Madden but the last time i played that, it felt like the game was cheating more than it was being hard. There just wasn't enough things to do in the franchise to merrit more then a couple of seasons. (Talking about 07 since its the last one i brought).

So because of that, i only play online after my two franchise season. And really it sucks playing every single in game in perfect sun shiny weather. I mean they could of at least put different times of day if they couldn't do weather, yet they refused. I just can't stand playing in perfect weather every single online match. I've been complaining about this after 06. I can understand the reason in 06. The game was new and they of course needed time to get things together. I even let it go a bit in 07 because again, they were building up. But when i heard 08 was doing the same thing, turned me off, and now its the same for 09. Truly sad.

I was expecting a lot from this madden. I'm not going to let this little thing stop me from buying the game though, but its just sad that they have yet to implement weather in the online games.
Amen man, online is treated like the red headed stepchild of EA's once again. Every game is a perfect weather game and let me guess, no alternate uniforms will work either. And of course I'll bet we can not choose our time of day online as well.

I agree with you 100% in that this really puts a bad taste of things are going to be the same again this year as in past years. Yet another year of waiting another year and hoping. I'll still get the game on day one because this is not a game killer for me but it's certainly a bitter pill to swallow.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 04-24-2008, 08:39 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 8

This is a serious question, but does it actually change things aside from making field goals harder to kick?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2008, 09:16 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by KENYON06
This is a serious question, but does it actually change things aside from making field goals harder to kick?
Yep, it affects turnovers and visibility (which can affect greatly one's passing game).

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »