Home

Madden NFL 09: First Online Leagues Details and Video Clip

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 09: First Online Leagues Details and Video Clip within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2008, 07:46 PM   #17
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: New game play video!

Quote:
Originally Posted by edubbs
Have they added ANY new tackle animations for this game?

Geez.......

If i didn't know any better I would have thought that was Madden08.

They really need to take the time to redo the animations in this series because, they are VERY poor.

I got a funny feeling that the new online franchise mode took up the majority of their development time and the people (like me) who wanted a better animated game will once again be SCREWED.

Typical EA they will pimp online leagues as the big new feature while the rest of the game suffers.

It's no reason why I should be able to watch 1 minute of gameplay video and already see the majority of the tackle animations that were in the previous year's game.

This game 'looks' exactly like 08 in regards to the animations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I almost commented on the animations but am going to hold out hope that we'll get to see a video somewhere down the road that shows of some new and/or polished animations. The gameplay was fluid and the graphics were great as was the snow, although I am about sick of it now.

I would think as the release draws near, we'll see some better videos and ones that are more in-depth, meaning longer than 2 minutes. All in all, its good, but its nothing, gameplay wise, that I haven't seen before.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-29-2008, 07:59 PM   #18
Pro

JBucc's Arena

OVR: 8

I thought it looked alright, tbh. Only thing that really stuck out as bad was the angle that DB took on the TD. Certainly playable and if there's no turnover issue I think I might be buying Madden for the first time in a few years.

This looked like it was on a reasonable level of difficulty unlike that NCAA vid on freshman.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:07 PM   #19
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBucc
I thought it looked alright, tbh. Only thing that really stuck out as bad was the angle that DB took on the TD. Certainly playable and if there's no turnover issue I think I might be buying Madden for the first time in a few years.

This looked like it was on a reasonable level of difficulty unlike that NCAA vid on freshman.
Eh.. Graphics look sharper. Animations look the same, gameplay looks the same. I am pretty lukewarm towards the game as it stands now.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:10 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
By the time the game comes out, I am going to be so sick of snow games, that I won't want to play any.

Video looked good. The Minnesota defender still took a poor angle at the ball carrier on the TD pass.
David Ortiz was playing the game.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:14 PM   #21
Release the Kirchen

auburntigersfan's Arena

OVR: 31

too early to tell anything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2008, 08:25 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 11

Nice find Delray.

The graphics look really good. It can only get much better with the graphic overlays and commentary. They need to completely erase that fake gang tackle animation at the 50 sec. mark. Tackles NEVER look like that. Also, I like the increase in crowd noise on the TD play.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:47 PM   #23
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13
Online Leagues

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/870/870503p3.html Interesting to say the least
Old 04-29-2008, 08:52 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 8
Angry Re: New game play video!

Quote:
Originally Posted by edubbs
Have they added ANY new tackle animations for this game?

Geez.......

If i didn't know any better I would have thought that was Madden08.

They really need to take the time to redo the animations in this series because, they are VERY poor.

I got a funny feeling that the new online franchise mode took up the majority of their development time and the people (like me) who wanted a better animated game will once again be SCREWED.

Typical EA they will pimp online leagues as the big new feature while the rest of the game suffers.

It's no reason why I should be able to watch 1 minute of gameplay video and already see the majority of the tackle animations that were in the previous year's game.

This game 'looks' exactly like 08 in regards to the animations.
You took the words right out of my mouth!! This is sad, sad a heck!! Please tell me that was an mis-labeled vid and actually was from 08. 2Ksports where are you!!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »