Home

NCAA Football 09 Preview: GameTap

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09 Preview: GameTap within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2008, 04:01 PM   #1
Rookie

tylerd02's Arena

OVR: 3
NCAA Football 09 Preview: GameTap

GameTap has posted their preview of NCAA Football 09.

Quote:
"Study defenses in a video game? Here's how the QB challenge works: Once you throw a pick, you are shown a photo from the play and asked what defense your opponent just ran. "Answer correctly," says Haumiller, "and your quarterback will gain some of his composure back. Answer wrong, and your quarterback will start to feel rattled."

But that's not the only time your players will get rattled, as home field advantage is also back in play. Explains Haumiller: "Home field advantage is essentially what you've seen in the PS2 version. If a player is rattled or has a poor performance, it will bring his ratings down. If he's a freshman going into a hostile environment, he's going to be rattled, so he's going to need to complete a few short passes to get his composure together and he'll bounce right back."
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2008, 04:08 PM   #2
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Interception Bug fixed in '09? More on online dynasties

I dunno... I certainly hope so, but the guy only mentioned INTs by Users. The bigger problem was the CPU throwing way too many INTs.
Old 04-30-2008, 04:12 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 7

"Study defenses in a video game? Here's how the QB challenge works: Once you throw a pick, you are shown a photo from the play and asked what defense your opponent just ran." 'Answer correctly,' says Haumiller, ' and your quarterback will gain some of his composure back. Answer wrong, and your quarterback will start to feel rattled.'

That sounds cool. Didn't care for the snap shot feature they had after every big play in 08. Most of the time, the snap shot sucked. I'd rather just watch the replay, and snap photos there. This feature sounds like it's actually integrated into the gameplay.

Last edited by Rivals; 04-30-2008 at 04:16 PM.
Old 04-30-2008, 04:14 PM   #4
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

It's new, great find. I think everyone around these parts knows to take EA's word with a grain of salt.
Old 04-30-2008, 05:15 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NCAA Football 09 Preview: GameTap

The quick calls mentioned for recruits also sound good. Seems like it will quicken the pace a little.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2008, 05:40 PM   #6
Th* *c*m*n!

ronnyballgame's Arena

OVR: 14

Can someone tell me if there are in game saves?
Florida State Seminoles

Rider Broncs- Graduated
LaSalle Explorers- Attaining Master's

Playing: FN4 UFC 2009, Tiger 10
Waiting: NCAA 2010, Madden 10, NHL 10
Old 04-30-2008, 05:50 PM   #7
Pro

Soonerd2's Arena

OVR: 7

Picture caption for ND said something about playing House of Pain when they hit the field, but there are no team entrances.
Old 04-30-2008, 06:41 PM   #8
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

"This is a full featured online dynasty. Everything you've expected from a dynasty mode is now online,"

"Our full stat tracking that goes in for dynasty will be in the online version, and we're also working with EA Sports World to get our stats displayed on the Web as well. You're going to be able to see your Top 25 lists, your Heisman results and so forth up on EA Sports World."

I like that. i just hope this year they are prepared better and don't let the site crash because of overload. i guess they didn't think people would be into uploading videos/pics.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »