Home

NCAA Football 09 Video Clips: GameSpot

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09 Video Clips: GameSpot within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2008, 02:07 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: gamespot have posted 7 new game play videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
From what it looked like, the defense called was usually a cover 2 or cover 3. I guess maybe that was bama calling it though. Did Auburn use aggressive blitzes from the 4-3. It doesnt' look like it from those pics. That's where I want to see a pocket as well. Not just kamikaze blitzing with no interaction.

This will be the test. Videos do not show nano blitzing and how the Oline responds to it.
Old 05-02-2008, 02:15 PM   #18
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth33
I don't get some of you guys the game looks and moves better than 08 but yet you still hate...
1st off the only game I hate on is NBA Live, lol, and just because it looks and moves better than 08 doesn't mean the game is where I want it to be. I didn't say it looked horrible. I'm 1 of the people who have remained positive about this game. Looking at these videos it doesn't make me wish I was playing it. When I view videos of a game, I want to be mad its not me playing the game. It looks like a slight upgrade from 08 and that's not enough to warrant my 63 bucks this year. It just seems like the same boring game. The videos didn't immerse me and the presentation is the same lazy EA. Again better than last year, but not enough to warrant my money. Maybe my mind will change but with each video it seems more and more like it won't be a 1st day or brand new purchase. Unless someone buys it for me.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 05-02-2008, 02:37 PM   #19
All Star

OVR: 21

These vids look a lot different from the IGN vids - differences being the IGN vids were in HD and were H2H. The game seems more fun in the IGN vids (H2H); watching the cpu on offense in these vids seemed boring. Granted, most games H2H play more dynamically against a human opponent than the cpu - it's just that the cpu play in these vids looks stiff, and makes the game's issues stand out more imo

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 05-02-2008, 02:42 PM   #20
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
These vids look a lot different from the IGN vids - differences being the IGN vids were in HD and were H2H. The game seems more fun in the IGN vids (H2H); watching the cpu on offense in these vids seemed boring. Granted, most games H2H play more dynamically against a human opponent than the cpu - it's just that the cpu play in these vids looks stiff, and makes the game's issues stand out more imo
I was glad to see the CPU offense drive down the field though... as boring as it might be I wish the CPU scored on me by sustaining a drive rather than a big play... Im looking for a chess match not checkers... But I do see what your saying
Old 05-02-2008, 02:59 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
Please tell me there is a way to turn cheerleader cutscenes off!!!
Yeah, the cutscene that really gets me is the one with the cheerleaders running through the end zone with the team flags during the game. Hopefully, that will be fixed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2008, 03:11 PM   #22
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRETCHARUSS
Yeah, the cutscene that really gets me is the one with the cheerleaders running through the end zone with the team flags during the game. Hopefully, that will be fixed.
Wasn't teh clip they showed that after a TD?
Old 05-02-2008, 03:17 PM   #23
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

So that is SEC atmosphere? You could here a pin drop.

I have always liked the trio of of Nessler, Herbie and Corso.....but I think I am ready from a new crew. They just sound a bit old now.

I did like some of the animations.
Old 05-02-2008, 03:17 PM   #24
Pro

Soonerd2's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugginns
From the latest NCAA 09 vids, I slowed down each and looked at the pocket (or lack of!). Maybe I'm spoiled by other games versions of the passing pocket.

Huge pocket with huge gaps. 71 is just standing there looking dumb.

Left guard finds out there is a lb/de free on the right side and goes behind all his linemen comrades to block said guy. Turns his back to the defense.

#71, LT, goes around the LG to the right to stand there looking like an idiot.

70 and 71 stand there with the arms up like t-rexes. This animation has been in the game since Joey Harrington was on the cover.
Who should 70 and 71 be blocking then? It is far from perfect but most of the pictures you selected to post they really don't have much to block.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »