Home

Fanatec® Steers Gamers Into The Fast Lane With Porsche® 911 Turbo Racing Wheel

This is a discussion on Fanatec® Steers Gamers Into The Fast Lane With Porsche® 911 Turbo Racing Wheel within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2008, 10:49 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Fanatec® Steers Gamers Into The Fast Lane With Porsche® 911 Turbo Racing Wheel

Officially Licensed and Original Reproduction 911
Leather Steering Wheel Designed for the PC and PlayStation® 3

(Beverly Hills, CA) – April 28, 2008 – Fanatec®, a leading brand of high-end input devices for game consoles and PCs, today introduced the Porsche® 911 Turbo Racing Wheel (MSRP: $349.99) for PC and Sony PlayStation® 3 (PS3). It offers Porsche fans and gamers alike an authentic look and feel along with a rich feature-set that delivers a genuine Porsche racing feeling when playing games such as Gran Turismo 5: Prologue, Racedriver: GRID, rFactor, etc. Starting in early May 2008, this product will be sold exclusively at www.FANATEC.com.

Licensed by Porsche Lizenz- und Handelsgesellschaft mbH, the Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo Racing Wheel offers gamers latency free wireless USB technology (wheel and pedals), three force feedback motors and smooth belt drive, both of which help to deliver sensational realism, 6+1 speed H-pattern gear stick with realistic shifting feel, and authentic wireless pedals with realistic clutch pedal (with declining resistance) and brake with soft-stop. The wheel itself is covered with fine, automotive grade leather.

Other key features include:

1. TUNING display: allows gamers to change settings like sensitivity or Force Feedback during gameplay
2. Adjustable turning angle: changes can be made directly on the wheel to 900°, 360°, 180° or in 1° steps by software
3. Extra strong Force Feedback effects: Mabuchi RS 550 Motor
4. Additional Force Feedback actuators in the wheel: stimulate motor vibrations
5. Extra smooth and silent belt drive without mechanical dead zone
6. 2 separate shifters: H-pattern and sequential
7. Illuminated buttons: show different symbols whether you connect the wheel to the PlayStation or the PC
8. 1 GB USB flash drive: Driver and manual are stored on flash drive in the shape of a Porsche key

For more information and additional features on the Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo Racing Wheel, visit: www.911wheel.com

Additional tests and reviews can be found at:
http://www.porsche911turbowheel.de/?q=taxonomy/term/25

“It took us seven years to get the Porsche license and their one major condition was that we develop the best wheel out there,” said Thomas Jackermeier, CEO, Endor AG. “It was a big challenge for us and it took an enormous effort but we now know that it was worth it!”

About Fanatec
Fanatec is a leading brand of high-end input devices for game consoles (PlayStation® 2/PlayStation® 3/Xbox®/Xbox® 360™) and PCs. Designed and manufactured by parent company ENDOR AG, the brand’s focus is centered solely on offering highly innovative and highly functional products designed to enhance and maximize the gaming experience. The brand is sold in Asia, Australia and Europe through distributors and in the U.S. directly through its ENDOR AG USA LLC subsidiary. Headquartered in Landshut, Germany, ENDOR AG was founded in 1997. For more information, visit www.endor.ag. To learn more about the Fanatec lineup of products, visit www.fanatec.com.

Platform: PC / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2008, 04:34 PM   #2
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Fanatec® Steers Gamers Into The Fast Lane With Porsche® 911 Turbo Racing Wheel

Wow nice, I have friends online in PC racing games that have purchased TSW wheels for about the same price.

I have a regular old red MS Sidewinder wheel. However I purchased a xbox 360 wheel today and wanted to know if anyone has tried it with their PC via the MS usb wireless adapter.

Reason I got it was for the wireless headset support which I was using threw my 360 controller while still using my old wheel. Unfortunately the mic would die after awhile if I left the controller untouched to long.

When using other mics for my pc the output would be over my speakers and not through the headset. With the MS headset, I can hear the conversation with other people over the headset instead of before when it came over the speakers.

I have read mixed reviews on the wheel, has anyone tried it on the PC and on the 360?
Old 05-03-2008, 10:42 AM   #3
MVP

jct32's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Fanatec® Steers Gamers Into The Fast Lane With Porsche® 911 Turbo Racing Wheel

It's ok, if your playing NR2003 you will have to get used to it, I thought it was extremely sensitive compared to my Black MS Sidewinder.

The worst part is that there is no Force Feedback for the 360 wheel for NR2003.
Old 05-04-2008, 06:51 AM   #4
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

Yeah I'm using it for N2003 and the force feedback option is greyed out. I need the force feedback to be effective. It's hard to drive to the max without the force feedback to tell me I am going to far.

I might as well just take it back, cause without the force feedback it's not worth it.

I like the look and feel, but no force feedback on PC is rediculous. How could they leave that out. Come on MS bring out the stupid drivers already, get off your duffs and give the people a reason to keep the wheel!!
Old 05-04-2008, 09:51 AM   #5
MVP

jct32's Arena

OVR: 17

Well it has force feedback on other games. It was just made after the technology in NR2003 so its not compatiable. The force feedback works in RFactor and I imagine it will work in ARCA too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2008, 11:29 AM   #6
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

It's because of the XLinput and the Directxinput, for some reason Microsoft is pushing out direct input and pushing in a new system which is totally biased towards it's new line of 360 perephials. Unfortunately it doesn't work with many games like Grand Prix Legends, NR2003 and others. A simple sidewinder like background control program could have easily solved the problem but they have refused to do so.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »