Home

Don King Presents: Prizefighter On the Spot Interview: GameSpot

This is a discussion on Don King Presents: Prizefighter On the Spot Interview: GameSpot within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2008, 12:09 PM   #9
Pr*

SEGA_LOYAL_FAN's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Don King Presents: Prizefighter On the Spot Interview: GameSpot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows2
I really hate Don King and I'm sure 99% of America does and well!
Can't agree with u on HATING him here. ALL boxing promoters use his same tactics to exploit young talented boxers. Worst person to put on the cover of a game...maybe. I can't judge a game without actually playing it so I'll wait and play it before commenting on it.

IMO FNR3 story mode was as bad as alll the other boxing games I've played. No structure in when you fought the best of best. It was just an engine choosing top boxers even when fighting in basement gyms. I like the approach this game is taking and it'll hopefully help other developers innovate video game boxing to were we see basketball and football at.

Dont we really just care about the gameplay engine anyways?? Online leagues with a decent sim or arcade game engine makes or breaks sports games nowadays....for me.

Marvel Heroes: willthebill
GW2: willthebill.9712
Diablo 3: willthebill#1834
PSN: willybnuts
Steam: Part of OperationSports group
Old 05-06-2008, 10:07 AM   #10
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEGA_LOYAL_FAN

IMO FNR3 story mode was as bad as alll the other boxing games I've played.

Agreed FNR3 Story mode was trash-o-matic! They should have inserted a free supply of TP coupon with it.

It was straight boo boo!
Old 05-06-2008, 04:19 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

I gotta be honest, I'm a bit disappointed with all the early previews of this game.
There's only been two eyes-on articles, but both of them had reservations about the gameplay.
I'm still hoping the game could be something good though. I basically chose this game over The Show as I was very close to selling my 360 for a PS3.
I hope it was worth it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2008, 04:24 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
I gotta be honest, I'm a bit disappointed with all the early previews of this game.
There's only been two eyes-on articles, but both of them had reservations about the gameplay.
I'm still hoping the game could be something good though. I basically chose this game over The Show as I was very close to selling my 360 for a PS3.
I hope it was worth it.
Considering they don't have a clue how to market the game, you never know what you are going to get. It probably won't be bad but it will be far from great, most likely 6 or 7 range, but that story mode without a career mode is just plain stupid. It would be like buying the Show and realize that you have to beat the Yankees in the World Series and then its game over and you only play 50 "canned" games for the season with "bosses" popping up every now and again.
Old 05-07-2008, 12:35 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Considering they don't have a clue how to market the game, you never know what you are going to get. It probably won't be bad but it will be far from great, most likely 6 or 7 range, but that story mode without a career mode is just plain stupid. It would be like buying the Show and realize that you have to beat the Yankees in the World Series and then its game over and you only play 50 "canned" games for the season with "bosses" popping up every now and again.
LOL. That sounds about right.
I don't mind the idea of the 'story mode' but it would be nice if they included a basic old career mode.

But it's looking more and more like that's nearly impossible for next gen consoles.
Ring King on the NES has a deeper career mode than any North American boxing game created for 32-bit systems and above. What a joke.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:58 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 17

So 2K Sports hasn't learned from EA's mistake on the whole "story mode" thing? Lame. 2K Sports is really dropping the ball big time these days. First they port NFL2K5 and leave out the franchise mode in APF....eliminating a huge portion of the potential customer base (not to mention the ameteur-ish marketing for the game leading up to launch), and now this. I don't want story mode. I don't want a "rival" system. I want a career mode so my fighter can climb or fall in the rankings based upon the merit of his record and opponents faced........not some stupid scripted storyline. And the punching is going back to the face buttons as opposed to the analog stick. I was pretty pumped for this game, now I might not even bother. I can wait for FNR4 with Tyson if need be. I had a bad feeling when it was announced that Venom (makers of those crappy Rocky games) was handling this project.

I liked the career mode for FNR2. If only it were backward compatible for 360. I might have to go back to Fight Night 2004 which is BC.

Last edited by metallicatz; 05-07-2008 at 10:13 PM.
Old 05-08-2008, 07:54 PM   #15
MVP

Vast's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicatz
So 2K Sports hasn't learned from EA's mistake on the whole "story mode" thing? Lame. 2K Sports is really dropping the ball big time these days. First they port NFL2K5 and leave out the franchise mode in APF....eliminating a huge portion of the potential customer base (not to mention the ameteur-ish marketing for the game leading up to launch), and now this. I don't want story mode. I don't want a "rival" system. I want a career mode so my fighter can climb or fall in the rankings based upon the merit of his record and opponents faced........not some stupid scripted storyline. And the punching is going back to the face buttons as opposed to the analog stick. I was pretty pumped for this game, now I might not even bother. I can wait for FNR4 with Tyson if need be. I had a bad feeling when it was announced that Venom (makers of those crappy Rocky games) was handling this project.

I liked the career mode for FNR2. If only it were backward compatible for 360. I might have to go back to Fight Night 2004 which is BC.
Co-sign but Fight night 2004 is trash now because you can't punch and move at the same time. its ridiculous seriously!

Evander Holyfield boxing back in 1990 i think, had an awesome career mode that allowed 2 players to have careers simultaneously. I remember me and my boy stayed up all night playing that game many nights. We dodged each other till one of us became champion and fought each other in a championship bout. Wow those were the days. Now its been 18 years since then and little did i know i already reached the pinnacle of Boxing career modes in a videogame.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2008, 09:10 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
Co-sign but Fight night 2004 is trash now because you can't punch and move at the same time. its ridiculous seriously!

Evander Holyfield boxing back in 1990 i think, had an awesome career mode that allowed 2 players to have careers simultaneously. I remember me and my boy stayed up all night playing that game many nights. We dodged each other till one of us became champion and fought each other in a championship bout. Wow those were the days. Now its been 18 years since then and little did i know i already reached the pinnacle of Boxing career modes in a videogame.
That Evander Holyfield Real Deal Boxing game on Genesis was SWEET!

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »