Home

Madden 09 Producer Blog: Play Call Changes: EA Sports

This is a discussion on Madden 09 Producer Blog: Play Call Changes: EA Sports within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2008, 09:42 AM   #9
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Madden 09 Producer Blog: Play Call Changes: EA Sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4reak
jeez there just featuring one item. Calm down guys guys. BEzo you need to chill out on the presentation rant when we have not seen how they have implemented the NFL Network theme yet.
And I think it's a waste of time. Pardon me for not being enthused. But you need to chill out telling folks what they need to do. When they release info that impresses me, I'll be happy. When they release info I don't appreciate, I'm going to state my opinion on that too. Don't expect me to read info & watch videos in silence until I get more info or play the game. The info is posted for us to comment on.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:42 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 9

I've been using this interface since 2004 in NFL 2k5.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:52 AM   #11
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Sweet! I can watch the replay with my right eye and the plays with my left.

Another tournament feature. I guess tournament players complained about opponents wasting time watching replays so EA mushed them together with the play calling screen.

I guess EA would categorize this as presentation. The person spending time thinking this up could've used that brain power on something FOOTBALL related... a coin flip, playoff / superbowl entrances, sideline atmosphere, chain gang, refs, pre-game / halftime / post-game show, replays from other season games in franchise mode, better injury cut scene... I could write a page-long list of FOOTBALL related presentation they could've added. But we get replays & the play call screen at the same time.

EA, the interface is not the problem. Folks want more FOOTBALL in their football video games.
Good God. Is there anything Madden-related you won't complain about?

If you had bothered to read the article, you would have seen that there is far more to this than just instant replays. The user will have instant access to stats, formation subs, and coaches challenges. In addition there will now be three different play calling methods available that will allow newbs to enjoy a simplified play calling system without taking away the options longtime vets have come to expect. What's not to like?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2008, 10:05 AM   #12
Rookie

Beardown's Arena

OVR: 5

I think I will really enjoy this innovation. I am a stat junkie but I would always wait for halftime to check my stats because I did not want to have to pause the game and run through the menus, now I will be able to check my stats throughout the game. The same goes for replays. I love to watch replays but would rarely do so because I would have to pause the game and go into other menus. I look forward to hearing about more of the changes for this year.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:27 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4reak
jeez there just featuring one item. Calm down guys guys. BEzo you need to chill out on the presentation rant when we have not seen how they have implemented the NFL Network theme yet.
HAHAHAHAHA....NFL Network integration. If it is anything like previous Madden's it will be next to nothing. They have had the ESPN license for almost 5 years. What have you seen of that yet?
Old 05-07-2008, 10:29 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Good God. Is there anything Madden-related you won't complain about?

If you had bothered to read the article, you would have seen that there is far more to this than just instant replays. The user will have instant access to stats, formation subs, and coaches challenges. In addition there will now be three different play calling methods available that will allow newbs to enjoy a simplified play calling system without taking away the options longtime vets have come to expect. What's not to like?
Some of those features are nice, I agree, but some of them should have been included already. I could do them on last-gen. Why has it taken so long to get them on next-gen? Being able to execute formation subs from the playcall screen isn't exactly revoultionary when I could do it on the PS2. Neither is being able to call plays with more than one button.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:59 AM   #15
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Maybe some companies bit off more than they could chew going from CG to NG.

I would think the other game fans would be happy about this feature instead of going back and digging up the past.

Live for now and the future, not the past. There isn't anything anyone can do to change the past.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2008, 11:03 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 4

Did yall even read the article. and i dont give a F^Ck about NFL2k. yall sh1t is gettin played out. its cool to want stuff fixed or change it but yall gettin out of hand wit it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »