Home

Fight Night Round 4 Announced, Mike Tyson Featured

This is a discussion on Fight Night Round 4 Announced, Mike Tyson Featured within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2008, 01:53 PM   #1
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24
Fight Night Round 4 Announced, Mike Tyson Featured

THE CHAMP IS BACK! EA ANNOUNCES EA SPORTS FIGHT NIGHT ROUND 4

Mike Tyson Featured in First Boxing Videogame in Nearly a Decade

REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – May 7, 2008 – Electronic Arts Inc. (Nasdaq: ERTS) announced today that EA SPORTS™Fight Night Round 4 is in development at EA Canada in Vancouver under the EA SPORTS brand. EA SPORTS Fight Night is back with the most realistic “in the ring” experience to date, featuring some of the greatest boxers in history fighting in their prime.

“The EA SPORTS Fight Night franchise has always been synonymous with quality and innovation that raised the bar for the sports videogame genre”, said Kevin Wilkinson, Executive Producer, EA SPORTS. “EA SPORTS Fight Night Round 3 was a platform defining game as the industry transitioned to next generation consoles. EA SPORTS Fight Night Round 4 will change how boxing games are played and measured in the future.”

Featuring a re-written gameplay engine, EA SPORTS Fight Night Round 4 will add a variety of fighting styles and boxer differentiation to authentically emulate the greatest fighters of all time. Pressure your opponent with the brawling inside style of young Mike Tyson, bobbing and weaving to set up powerful hooks and uppercuts. Capitalize on Muhammad Ali’s reach, hand speed and fleetness of foot to bewilder your opponent with lightning fast jabs and straights from the outside. For the first time in history, EA SPORTS Fight Night Round 4 gives you the opportunity to pit these legendary heavyweights against one another and name a true champ.

No fight will be the same with an all-new physics-based animation system that recreates the full spectrum of true-to-life punch impacts, giving boxers a devastating arsenal of punches, blocks and ring movement. The new physics system allows for missed punches, glancing punches, knockout blows and for the first time ever, rough and tumble inside fighting. Fatigue, adrenaline, footwork and timing all come into play as you hammer away at your opponents.

EA SPORTS Fight Night Round 4 will be available for the Xbox 360™ system and the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and ships to retailers in 2009. The game has not yet been rated by the ESRB or PEGI.

EA SPORTS™ is the leading interactive sports software brand in the world, with top-selling titles and franchises including Madden NFL Football, FIFA Soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, NCAA® Football, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® and NASCAR® racing.
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360

WebsiteFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2008, 02:03 PM   #2
WW*/*FC C*mm*n*ty Mgr.

stephensonmc's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: EA Sports Announces Fight Night: Round 4

http://www.easports.com/article.jsp?id=fin57
Old 05-07-2008, 02:04 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Sounds promising and a complete redo-Too bad it's about a year away.
Old 05-07-2008, 02:10 PM   #4
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

This is a release day buy for me, as long as it's as good as round 3. Don't go arcade on us, EA. Make it even more realistic.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 05-07-2008, 02:22 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
This is a release day buy for me, as long as it's as good as round 3. Don't go arcade on us, EA. Make it even more realistic.
I agree. Wow, Mike Tyson is back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2008, 02:41 PM   #6
Banned

thelwig14's Arena

OVR: 16

Finally getting the GOAT's back together in Ali and Lennox. Leonard and Tyson? Wow!
Old 05-07-2008, 02:43 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 18

This is sad; the small excitement (very small sadly) that Prizefighter created has just went down the toilet. Just by announcing Mike Tyson will be in the game.

I really hope they use the prime version not the bald over the hill version with the tattoo on his face. I just can't for the life of me understand why they create the older and slower version of Holyfield either.

Please give us Tyson, Holyfield, and other boxers in there prime.
Old 05-07-2008, 02:44 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Awesome news. I hope they have an open ended career mode with rankings. How many times have I typed that? How many times will it fall on deaf ears?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »