Home

Madden NFL 09 Preview: 1up

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 09 Preview: 1up within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2008, 01:39 AM   #1
Swiper

hdaniel1's Arena

OVR: 48
Madden NFL 09 Preview: 1up

1up has posted their preview of Madden NFL 09.

Quote:
"As for the presentation, it's downright sharp. Everyone always claims living, breathing environments in their videogames, but the sidelines in Madden are abuzz, and this ratchets up the energy level in the stadiums. It's not just the players milling about; you'll see sideline cameras, cheerleaders -- even piles of snow during winter games."
Platform: NDS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2008, 02:22 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Madden NFL 09 Preview: 1up

the article also indicates that the Franchise mode has been revamped. i'm hoping that the CPU controlled teams make more moves ie trades, FA moves, Injured Reserve, etc...during the season. i'm tired of the only trades occurring being the ones I initiate.
Old 05-09-2008, 02:33 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 15
Location: Begins with a C, ends with an O and in the middle is HICAG.

Quote:
A big change this year is the "Madden IQ" concept. When you first turn on the game, you'll run through a series of drills in an edgy, holographic environment. This series of three minigames covers four categories: running, passing, rush defense, and pass defense. You'll be graded on how well you do, and that score will be your Madden IQ. If you stink at running the ball, the game will ease up on run defense. If you throw more picks than perfect strikes, the pass defense won't snag every errant ball. The point is to take away the Rookie, Pro, All-Pro, and Madden difficulty settings and let the game's difficulty intelligently adjust to your skill level.
I'm not gonna complain since I have not witness how it is, but I sure hope this does not mean that the games are ALWAYS close up until the last minutes of the game. I also hope you can either turn this feature off, or at least be able to increase difficulty.
Old 05-09-2008, 03:45 AM   #4
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Does the IQ adjust over time???

I assume it does, because that would be foolish if it didn't.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:26 AM   #5
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by shugknight
I'm not gonna complain since I have not witness how it is, but I sure hope this does not mean that the games are ALWAYS close up until the last minutes of the game. I also hope you can either turn this feature off, or at least be able to increase difficulty.
Ill admit, when i read that Madden IQ thing, i got very nervous. I think thats a GREAT feature for those who have to play on lower levels or are just learning, but for those of us who have played for years, who like to read defenses, dont help me out bc i threw a pick or bc i bounce everything outside on the run. This could be interesting, if it adapts, but if thats the case, if you start breaking runs, i dont want it to toughen up all the sudden where i cant get back to the LOS. This has to be very well done, or it could be a bust. I had no beef with All Madden and slider adjustments........

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2008, 09:02 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
Ill admit, when i read that Madden IQ thing, i got very nervous. I think thats a GREAT feature for those who have to play on lower levels or are just learning, but for those of us who have played for years, who like to read defenses, dont help me out bc i threw a pick or bc i bounce everything outside on the run. This could be interesting, if it adapts, but if thats the case, if you start breaking runs, i dont want it to toughen up all the sudden where i cant get back to the LOS. This has to be very well done, or it could be a bust. I had no beef with All Madden and slider adjustments........
It's my understanding that there will still be full slider adjustments, but I don't recall if the different levels (R-P-AP-AM) will still be in the game?
Old 05-12-2008, 11:42 AM   #7
Pro

Dbrentonbuck's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
It's my understanding that there will still be full slider adjustments, but I don't recall if the different levels (R-P-AP-AM) will still be in the game?
I can't remember which interview it was, but one of the devs mentioned this is a diffuculty setting that you choose just like any of the other settings. He specifically said you could choose All Pro, All Madden or this new dynamic intelligence one. So, you can choose to use this in place of the others or you can still use your normal levels.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »