Home

Madden NFL 09 Preview

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 09 Preview within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2008, 12:05 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 8
Well, your preview is basically the best so far. Sort of sucks that no one apparently got hands-on time with the game. I assume EA reps just showed off whatever it was they wanted you to talk about at the time. At least you were objective and actually went into some detail on what you thought about each bullet point, rather than just reposting EA's marketing.

Presentation sounds like it might be better. I'll beleive all that crap about imporved stats, sim-engine, animations, and other actual gameplay related stuff when I actually see it. EA is notorious for just putting a new coat of paint on stuff, shining it up real nice, and having it still be crap. Every year they claim that stuff is "all-new", and every year, it is basically the same.

I do find it interesting that all the previews from the different sites have contradicted each other at some point or another, including this one. You say in-game saves aren't totally in yet, which Gamespot confirmed. Not saying you are wrong, I just find it funny that everyone has slightly different info, while you were all apparently sitting in the same room.

Nice preview though and thanks a lot!!
Old 05-09-2008, 12:06 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 10
I really would like to know more about the pre-game, half-time and post game wrap-ups. I seen how the sidelines look and i'm not impressed at all. Presentation is important, because it make the game more enjoyable to play. I hope EA does a good job, but i doubt it will have the flavor that 2K5 had. Also will the computer-vs-computer be a broadcast view or the same as gameplay? If its gameplay, then whats the use of watching it. So i hope EA addresses these issues. If not, they still doing the same thing, just adding just enough to say they upgraded abit.
Old 05-09-2008, 12:12 PM   #11
MVP

yamabushi's Arena

OVR: 37
So, by their on admission on-field gameplay is at best their #3 concern, at worst #??
Ive seen and heard nothing to lead me to believe that madden has 'turned the corner' and improved the core aspect of the game.

Last edited by yamabushi; 05-09-2008 at 12:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2008, 12:17 PM   #12
Black Mamba

Shadymamba's Arena

OVR: 26
hey all this sounds fine and dandy, but I will not be suckered in like last year lol!!!!...hopefully the make sure that all the annoying glitches are fixed like those constant fumbles..and those damn hum INT's if this game plays great out of the box (wishful thinking) then great going EA until then we all should wait for it before we think its going to be great
Old 05-09-2008, 12:21 PM   #13
MVP

Hurricain's Arena

Re: Madden NFL 09 Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamabushi
So, by their on admission on-field gameplay is at best their #3 concern, at worst #??
Ive seen and heard nothing to lead me to believe that madden has 'turned the corner' and improved the core aspect of the game.
I gotta agree. It appears that they are really focusing on the casual fan. The backtrack mulligan thing is the most absurd thing I have ever heard for a football game.

No accelerated clock is a huge let down for me.

Thanks for the preview Steve!
Old 05-09-2008, 12:39 PM   #14
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricain
I gotta agree. It appears that they are really focusing on the casual fan. The backtrack mulligan thing is the most absurd thing I have ever heard for a football game.

No accelerated clock is a huge let down for me.

Thanks for the preview Steve!

You do know that backtrack feature can be turn off!!
Old 05-09-2008, 12:51 PM   #15
MVP

Hurricain's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
Ya I realize that but I am still amazed that they wasted time and money to put this in game. Not sure if you can turn it off online unranked games. Either way, what a pointless feature.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2008, 12:52 PM   #16
MVP

yamabushi's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
On or Off, its a ridiculous feature, and time spent implementing it could have been put to much better use.

@Hurricain; great minds think alike.

Last edited by yamabushi; 05-09-2008 at 12:55 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »