Home

Madden NFL 09 Preview

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 09 Preview within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2008, 12:55 PM   #17
Pro

acarrero's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Madden NFL 09 Preview

EA should have better throwing animations for the QBs. The preview on the front page shows Favre throwing and it just doesn't look smooth or very realistic. It also doesn't look like Favre's throwing motion - if they can get a player's signature shot in NBA games, they should be able to include each QBs throwing motion. I want to see Manning throw like Manning, and actual motions for Brady, Vince Young, etc. Just seems like something Madden should've had since they made jump to next gen.
Old 05-09-2008, 01:02 PM   #18
MVP

Garrett67's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricain
I gotta agree. It appears that they are really focusing on the casual fan. The backtrack mulligan thing is the most absurd thing I have ever heard for a football game.

No accelerated clock is a huge let down for me.

Thanks for the preview Steve!

No accelerated clock is a huge deal to me too. I can't stand the fact that you can jump right to the line and still have 34 seconds on the clock. This forces us to put the game on like 6 or 7 minute Qtrs to get the amount of plays right.
Old 05-09-2008, 01:07 PM   #19
Pro

clarkerots's Arena

OVR: 9
I would've preferred accelerated clock over the "do over" system.
Old 05-09-2008, 01:08 PM   #20
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Last year people were screaming for more presentation and no more radio guy. Last year they focused more on gameplay.

Pastapadre comes on here last year and said presentation will be number 1 focus next year and no more radio guy.

Most people seemed pleased with that direction.

EA ramps up presentation and has a broadcast booth again for this year.

Yet, it's three months away and yet people aren't happy.

The only thing I'm disappointed in so far, is no accelerated clock again. As far as the backtrack feature, it's not something I care about and will turn off, so, I don't sweat the small stuff.
Old 05-09-2008, 01:42 PM   #21
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17
Steve.....was anything discussed about the ps3 ns the 360 version of the games for 09 ??

If so, what was said.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2008, 01:55 PM   #22
MVP

WDOgF0reL1fe's Arena

OVR: 27
Steve, thank you so much bro. This is AWESOME stuff. Sucks to hear that only 53 man rosters are in madden... But its good and awesome to know that Madden is in the game as a preview and a half time guy. Pretty neat
Old 05-09-2008, 02:06 PM   #23
Rookie

droc81yo's Arena

OVR: 5
I'm not getting "suckered" in either. last years game was frankly pathletic. Especially after playing NBA 2k8 and The Show. EA has the most money and makes the poorest games.

Furthermore, I am so sick and tired of EA adding STUPID pointless features, like Backtrack and the hologram training BS.

Here's an idea EA, work on your terrible gameplay, than add bells and whistles. If you dress up a turd, it's still a turd.
Old 05-09-2008, 02:10 PM   #24
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41
"he is also the first person you see as the game loads up. He will kick it over to Tom Hammond and Chris Collinsworth, after welcoming everyone to the stadium. He'll also chime in at the half with highlights from the game. "

Presentation.....i have high hopes now!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »