Home

NCAA Football 09 Beta Player Rating Screenshots

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09 Beta Player Rating Screenshots within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2008, 11:17 AM   #17
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: NCAA Football 09 Beta Player Rating Screenshots

USC's defense looks incredible again
Old 05-14-2008, 11:23 AM   #18
Pro

Soonerd2's Arena

OVR: 7

Can't believe Demarco Murray didn't crack that list for OU. Great O-line though. Can't remember if Sam Bradford was a 94 or 92 but thats awesome for a sophmore QB.

Weird that in the initial rosters a sophmore can be 92-94 ish but when your dynasty is 5 or 6 years down the road I can't get a sophmore that highly rated. Maybe because of a redshirt I guess, but I don't recall that high of an improvement.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:35 AM   #19
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Pretty fair assessment of Virginia (at least looking at their top six players), except that Vic Hall (CB #4) shouldn't be our best corner. At all.

Also, looking at both the player and team ratings, why is Florida State so good? They've been a middling team in the ACC for a few years now.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:35 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerd2
Can't believe Demarco Murray didn't crack that list for OU. Great O-line though. Can't remember if Sam Bradford was a 94 or 92 but thats awesome for a sophmore QB.

Weird that in the initial rosters a sophmore can be 92-94 ish but when your dynasty is 5 or 6 years down the road I can't get a sophmore that highly rated. Maybe because of a redshirt I guess, but I don't recall that high of an improvement.
It has always been that case. EA has never allowed for players to match up to the default rosters. SOPH will never be able to be as good as default roster SOPH down the line and SRs will never be able to be as bad as default SRs. They are yet to figure out I guess how to pull this off with their current progression strategy that simply increases everyone's ratings a set amount every year based on potential. The idea of guys not panning out is not possible to implement.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:35 AM   #21
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Texas Tech looks good.

Graham Harrell(QB) - 96 ovr
Michael Crabtree(WR) - 96 ovr
Louis Vasquez(LG) - 90 ovr
Jamar Wall(CB) - 89 ovr
Rylan Reed(LT) - 89 ovr

based on that the impact players will(should) be Harrell, Crabtree, and Wall.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2008, 11:35 AM   #22
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Someone needs to let EA know about position changes. Cody Glenn for Nebraska has been moved to LB & is starting so far.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:36 AM   #23
Pro

Dbrentonbuck's Arena

OVR: 6

Ok, whoever did this list knows nothing about UC football. Mickens and Byrd are right I guess, but there is no way QB Dustin Grutza is an 87. Maybe a 78. I would say he should be ranked nearly the same as Dimitrius Jones and Chazz Anderson. Hell, even the coach doesn't think Grutza is a good QB.

"If we get Ben Mauk back, we’ll be happy. But look, we can’t cry over it. Dustin Grutza will have to be the guy and we’re going to have to win with him. We can’t trade him. We can’t get another guy for him. We think he can do the job. If he’s our starter, we’ll get it done. We’ll find a way” Brian Kelly

Does that sound like the guy is an 87 ranked QB?

And I don't see how two players who have never played DE made it into the top 7 players when UC has some very good recievers, corner backs (one just transferred from tOSU) and line backers. No way Dustin "We can't trade him" Grutza is in the top 7 players on this team.
Old 05-14-2008, 12:14 PM   #24
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by naughty9
WHOA...I just noticed something, these ratings cannot be final. Look at Miss St. roster. There is no Dixon #24 on there. He is definately there second best player.behind Pegues.
I agree completely. Dixon should be about a 90-92. The guy is a beast and carried them on his back. Pegues shouldn't be rated much higher OVR, but his speed should be around 95.

Ole Miss has a Tillman rated too high, and Peria Jerry rated too low. That should be easy to fix.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »