Home

First Prizefighter Gameplay Footage; 2K Rep Berates Producer

This is a discussion on First Prizefighter Gameplay Footage; 2K Rep Berates Producer within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2008, 11:02 PM   #9
Older

luv_mist's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: First Prizefighter Gameplay Footage; 2K Rep Berates Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dQbell
I thought the same when I watched the video. I think it's just about too late for 2K to fix things. They'll probably be absorbed by EA in due time; however, I will always ask myself, "What happened to 2K Sports in the switch to next-gen?" If you remember, it was 2K that made comments on how they saw fit to focus only on next-gen systems.

The transition to next-gen has been terrible. From the MLB 2K6 freeze issue, to the lack luster attempt in bringing 2K Football back, they just somehow lost their ability to hit the high note.
That might be considered an opinion honestly. I'm all for games of depth. I enjoyed both of their basketball titles this year. Also enjoyed their football title which helped me to understand the game of football better. But that's just me. On another note, they are just starting on this new venture which they haven't had previous experience on. I can truly understand how it could be slightly difficult for them to compete against whatever else is out.
Old 05-14-2008, 01:12 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Well, the admin on the 2K boards has now released a statement that the gameplay video he took to counteract what the Producer did will not be posted.

http://www.2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173384

Quote:
it has been decided that rushing out video is not the solution as 2K is committed to this game and believing that it will more than satisfy boxing fans and gamers alike. In the end, a good product will have you rushing to stores to go out and get your copy of Prizefighter and we are committed to that end result.
To me, this wreaks of a movie that doesn't give an advanced screening for the critics.
When that happens, it means the movie sucks. The producers know it. The actors know it and the critics know it. They'd rather try their best to fool the public with a nice trailer to make as much money as possible on the opening weekend before the public realizes the movie's a dog.

Name another non-2K sports game that didn't have a gameplay video posted less than 4 weeks before release. It doesn't happen.

I'm a boxing nerd and I'll pretty much buy any boxing game. But I refused to buy FNrd3 and now I'm no longer going to buy PrizeFighter without renting it first.
It's gone from a must-buy to a demo download pretty quickly.

2K is hiding something. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see any reason for them not to release some gameplay video at this point.

Fight Night Round 4 can't get here fast enough.

Here's to hoping that PF is a great game and I can enjoy a heaping bowl of crow.
Old 05-14-2008, 01:26 PM   #11
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Well, the admin on the 2K boards has now released a statement that the gameplay video he took to counteract what the Producer did will not be posted.

http://www.2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173384

To me, this wreaks of a movie that doesn't give an advanced screening for the critics.
When that happens, it means the movie sucks. The producers know it. The actors know it and the critics know it. They'd rather try their best to fool the public with a nice trailer to make as much money as possible on the opening weekend before the public realizes the movie's a dog.

Name another non-2K sports game that didn't have a gameplay video posted less than 4 weeks before release. It doesn't happen.

I'm a boxing nerd and I'll pretty much buy any boxing game. But I refused to buy FNrd3 and now I'm no longer going to buy PrizeFighter without renting it first.
It's gone from a must-buy to a demo download pretty quickly.

2K is hiding something. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see any reason for them not to release some gameplay video at this point.

Fight Night Round 4 can't get here fast enough.

Here's to hoping that PF is a great game and I can enjoy a heaping bowl of crow.
Actually College Hoops 2k6 or 2k7 didnt have any real details or vids until 2 weeks before it was released. I remember people bitching saying that 2k was hiding something then the game came out and it was actually pretty good imo. Not saying that will happen here though. I'm not expecting much honestly. I have to see more gameplay before I get really concerned. My biggest concern is from the video it looks like we may only be able to create 5 boxers. If thats a case I wont buy this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2008, 04:23 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Actually College Hoops 2k6 or 2k7 didnt have any real details or vids until 2 weeks before it was released. I remember people bitching saying that 2k was hiding something then the game came out and it was actually pretty good imo. Not saying that will happen here though. I'm not expecting much honestly. I have to see more gameplay before I get really concerned. My biggest concern is from the video it looks like we may only be able to create 5 boxers. If thats a case I wont buy this.
5 created boxers has been confirmed. Don't understand this. I think the game will be about a 6 out of 10. It will be worth renting for a weekend to get a boxing fix, but it will be in the bargain bin by Christmas, so I can't see paying retail for it. That story mode just sounds ridiculous, broken hand in the 3rd fight being part of the story. Called "th kid". Heavyweight only story. I was so hyped for this game. Then that clown in flip flops comes on to gamespot and in one fell swoop made me disinterested to the point that all I can think of is FN round 4.

Its no wonder why 2k sports is already picking out its coffin.
Old 05-15-2008, 01:32 PM   #13

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
5 created boxers has been confirmed. Don't understand this.
I think it's 5 created boxers online, isn't it?
Old 05-15-2008, 02:29 PM   #14
Pro

JimmyDeicide's Arena

OVR: 5

Oh my god that guy was a blow hard, thought he had more time, he had 11 minutes who else gives you that ? We dont need to buy it now we know the whole story it 11 minutes long lol.

You knew he was a knob from the get go showing up in flip flops.
That was funny as hell even the gamespot guy was getting miffed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »