Home

NCAA Football 08 vs. 09 Video Comparison

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 08 vs. 09 Video Comparison within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2008, 04:36 PM   #17
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: EA Sports: new Comparsion Video 08 vs. 09

I loved the way the defense moved around before the snap, as well as the Iowa db scooping up what he thought was a fumble. The vids also make it clear just how much better the playing surface looks this year.

Good stuff.
Old 05-20-2008, 04:37 PM   #18
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

I loved the team celebrations and convoy running. That looked awesome....but it still looks like they are using Madden 08's tackling engine.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 05-20-2008, 04:49 PM   #19
Banned

MacPlex's Arena

OVR: 14

" This looks exactly like 08" lol their eating those words now. Look at the vid again some of you were too amped to even notice tebows facemask. They have new facemask in the gm Yessssssssssssssssssss. The convoy gives a real college feal. All this gm need was to make the players "loose". Which im seeing more and more. The new analog jukes will take this gm to the next level.
Old 05-20-2008, 04:56 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 26

team celebration and convoy blocking are very nice. I'm impressed with the fact that we are just getting these which leads me to believe that they were recently added ( which in-turn gives me hope that other things can be done to fix the game before release )
Old 05-20-2008, 04:56 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 10

Boy I sure hate to be the one who brings REALITY to this love fest! Um how about instead of convoy blocking how bout a real QB pocket or here is a great idea actual oline/dline interaction. Once again this is EA throwing "fluff" at us and people loving it, we really are sheep. Not one of those cool new things will do anything to gameplay. Im sorry but like I said EA putting a new coat of paint on a crap engine, instead of fixing the core problem. Hey I coulb be wrong and the game could be great, but going on Ea track record I'm going to guess once again all hype no substance
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2008, 05:01 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram209
Boy I sure hate to be the one who brings REALITY to this love fest! Um how about instead of convoy blocking how bout a real QB pocket or here is a great idea actual oline/dline interaction. Once again this is EA throwing "fluff" at us and people loving it, we really are sheep. Not one of those cool new things will do anything to gameplay. Im sorry but like I said EA putting a new coat of paint on a crap engine, instead of fixing the core problem. Hey I coulb be wrong and the game could be great, but going on Ea track record I'm going to guess once again all hype no substance

the oline/dline interaction is the key ingredient that needs to be fixed imo. but this "fluff" video leads me to believe that they are still currently adding things. you can't deny that those were some really cool features in that vid
Old 05-20-2008, 05:04 PM   #23
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram209
But it does affect the atmosphere and presentation which IMO is killing EA just as much as gameplay....

The gameplay I could live with because you just have to understand it aint
2ksports and it never will be and honestly there are things that 2k still needs to clean up AI wise.... But what makes EA's game unplayable is the damn lack of atmosphere no emotion... It gets boring really quickly.

So at will give them props for adding the little things to add to the realism... That doesnt mean OL and DL interaction isnt important or that shouldnt have worked on this but the two things arent related to the point where I can say Someone made a choice we cant fix A could we are adding B....

So lets give props when it should be given
Old 05-20-2008, 05:06 PM   #24
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

That video sure made '08 look like an embarrassment. Some very nice improvements. And I liked those retinal searing grellows the Ducks were sporting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »