Home

NCAA Football 09 Beta Preview: Day 1 Answers

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09 Beta Preview: Day 1 Answers within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2008, 09:59 AM   #9
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Thanks Steve. I appreciate it man!
Old 05-23-2008, 10:01 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: NCAA Football 09 Beta Preview: Day 1 Answers

Quote:
Skyboxer: Can you see If the CPU AI quick snapping the ball every play is in fact there? So far in the vids the only time they don't is when they either audible or send a man in motion. Every other play the ball is snapped as soon as the QB gets set.
This makes making any D reads and adjustments obsolete.
(Or will it be a non issue and won't be that way in the final build?)
Thanks

Yes, unfortunately, I too am seeing the AI snap the ball too quickly and I can’t make many adjustments. So far, the only time they slow it down, is like you said, if they send a man in motion, audible or when the time is running out of the half or game, and they are just eating it.
Err!

Quote:
Runners seem to go out of bounds, not sensing where the OOB is, it seems. Even though they will tap the sidelines on some catches, as well as tight rope them. Just seems odd, when a receiver catches it, he runs out of bounds, even though he has 5 to 10 more yards if he just went down the field.
Err!

Quote:
If you call for a punt block, instead of a return, I’d say 75% of the time, it’s an automatic 20 yards before anyone even touches you.
Err!

Thanks for answering Steve.
Old 05-23-2008, 10:27 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 10

Im not sure if this is day 2 questions thread but if it is, Could you please check to see if once the ball is in the air, if you can hit the wr before he gets a chance to catch the ball.

In last gen you used to be able to nail the wr early and in next gen you couldnt do it. I was hoping they bring it back. It seems like you almost have to wait for the wr to catch it before getting the chance t hit him. Thanks alot for the time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2008, 10:58 AM   #12
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15
Thanks steve. This was a great read.
Old 05-23-2008, 11:23 AM   #13
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

I guess the only question I have left is "Can EA address the quick snap before release?"

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 05-23-2008, 11:30 AM   #14
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

One other thing I'd like to know is, is the number of created recruits still just 25?
Xbox-Shugarooo
Twitch.tv/Shugarooo
Old 05-23-2008, 11:47 AM   #15
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Solidice: i know it has been mentioned as being in the game by some, but never confirmed, is Formation Subs in the game this year? maybe even a screen shot to prove?

Using the right thumbstick, in the playcall screen, you can swap the receivers, bring in the backup RB, QB, dual HB’s, put the HB in the slot, TE swap, etc. I’m guessing this is what you meant?

I see “Mass Substitutions” as well. From there you can sub in your 2nd team offense and defense.
not exactly what i was talking about. those 2 things were in there last year. Formations subs would most likely be in the same menu as the mass subs and depth chart in-game, and in the team management screen(where rosters and depth chart is) in the menus. it would allow you to select who will be on kickoffs, KR, punt team, PR team, and would let you change players around. for example:

lets say you have a 3 WR set formation, but you wanted your #1 WR to be the man in the slot just for this specific formation, you could sub him in the the slot and the previous slot WR to the outside. or say your #1 and #2 HB are both Speed back, but you wanted a Power back to be the HB in the goal line formation. but he is the 3rd back in the depth chart, you could just sub him in to be that back in just that formation.

I'm not exactly sure how to explain it. it hasn't been on current gen NCAA yet but has been on the xbox/PS2 version. but from the sound of it, its not going to be there, unless you somehow skipped over it without realizing it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2008, 11:51 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
not exactly what i was talking about. those 2 things were in there last year. Formations subs would most likely be in the same menu as the mass subs and depth chart in-game, and in the team management screen(where rosters and depth chart is) in the menus. it would allow you to select who will be on kickoffs, KR, punt team, PR team, and would let you change players around. for example:

lets say you have a 3 WR set formation, but you wanted your #1 WR to be the man in the slot just for this specific formation, you could sub him in the the slot and the previous slot WR to the outside. or say your #1 and #2 HB are both Speed back, but you wanted a Power back to be the HB in the goal line formation. but he is the 3rd back in the depth chart, you could just sub him in to be that back in just that formation.

I'm not exactly sure how to explain it. it hasn't been on current gen NCAA yet but has been on the xbox/PS2 version. but from the sound of it, its not going to be there, unless you somehow skipped over it without realizing it.

Quick sub wasn't on the 360 last year was it? If I recall you had to hit start and change them manually. Correct me if I'm wrong. The formation subs are a key addition.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »