Home

Don King Presents: Prizefighter Previews: CVG & Next Generation

This is a discussion on Don King Presents: Prizefighter Previews: CVG & Next Generation within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2008, 10:23 AM   #17
Pro

Chibi's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Don King Presents: Prizefighter Previews: CVG & Next Generation

This game makes me so mad. It's like the embodiment of 2K's trip down the drain.
Old 05-28-2008, 11:04 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_OS
"The foundation of our control methodology is really Street Fighter."

I just threw up a little....
they keep braging about that like its a good thing
Old 05-28-2008, 12:02 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

This is why EA sports is successful and 2k sports will go bankrupt.

Just look at it, EA comes out with Facebreaker and then next year FN round 4. Every indication is that you'll get a Ready to Rumble clone this year and a sim next year.

What does 2k's producer do....He talks out of both sides of his mouth. "This is more sim like than fight night, blah blah blah, its just like Street Fighter."

What!? What is dude, a Sim or Street Fighter. Or a bunch of garbage that can't decide if it wants to be. They dropped the ball with no career mode, now it appears they have bungled the in ring portion too. Street Fighter? Are you serious? Street Fighter?

I can't stop chuckling as Street Fighter rolls off my tongue. But actually I feel sick. Year after year we beg for a realistic boxing sim. And now all I keep hearing is Street Fighter. Street Fighter? This boggles my mind. Their producer is single handedly destroying this game.
Old 05-28-2008, 12:46 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
This is why EA sports is successful and 2k sports will go bankrupt.

Just look at it, EA comes out with Facebreaker and then next year FN round 4. Every indication is that you'll get a Ready to Rumble clone this year and a sim next year.

What does 2k's producer do....He talks out of both sides of his mouth. "This is more sim like than fight night, blah blah blah, its just like Street Fighter."

What!? What is dude, a Sim or Street Fighter. Or a bunch of garbage that can't decide if it wants to be. They dropped the ball with no career mode, now it appears they have bungled the in ring portion too. Street Fighter? Are you serious? Street Fighter?

I can't stop chuckling as Street Fighter rolls off my tongue. But actually I feel sick. Year after year we beg for a realistic boxing sim. And now all I keep hearing is Street Fighter. Street Fighter? This boggles my mind. Their producer is single handedly destroying this game.
When the producer mentions Street Fighter he's talking about the Punching Mechanic.(Certain Buttons hit in combination create certain punches) Not the Game play Style.

As for Career Mode, I'm not sure where you heard they dropped Career Mode, but that's not true as Career Mode is in Prizefighter.
Old 05-28-2008, 12:53 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
RENTAL!!!!
He!!, I might not even rent it, but the fact is neither review tells the gameplay story. I don't know why, maybe because there is no gameplay to discuss.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »