Home

Grey Dog Software Releases Total Extreme Wrestling 2008 Demo

This is a discussion on Grey Dog Software Releases Total Extreme Wrestling 2008 Demo within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2008, 05:42 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Grey Dog Software Releases Total Extreme Wrestling 2008 Demo

Phoenix, AZ June 03, 2008 - Grey Dog Software, a Phoenix based developer of sports management simulation software for personal computers, today releases a limited time demo of Total Extreme Wrestling 2008. Total Extreme Wrestling 2008 is a sequel to Adam Ryland's extremely popular Total Extreme Wrestling series, and is scheduled to be available for digital download beginning June 8, 2008 exclusively through Grey Dog Software for U.S. $34.95.

Total Extreme Wrestling 2008 allows players to take on the role of a wrestling promoter, where it is up to you to try and steer your company to the top of the industry, along the way dealing with prima donna superstars, wars and alliances with other wrestling companies, family feuds, and the demands of TV and PPV corporations!

Features:
  • Personality Plus - every single character in TEW08 has their own Personality. Consisting of 10 traits including; Humble to Egotistical, Generous to Selfish, Dependable to Flaky and many more.
  • Multi-Advance - Optional tool that allows the player to skip through a specified number of days in a row.
  • Larger Game World - The thirty-three region game world that was in TEW07 has been upgraded to become a forty region game world in TEW08.
  • Backstage Environment - An overview of how harmonious your locker room is. Players can try and balance the backstage environment in a number of ways.
  • Announcer Chemistry - Levels of good chemistry improving their performance, levels of bad chemistry degrading it.
  • TEW07->TEW08 database converter - Plug your favorite TEW07 database in and have it converted in a matter of seconds in to a new TEW08 game.
To try out Total Extreme Wrestling 2008’s demo please visit Grey Dog’s official website at http://www.greydogsoftware.com.

To learn more about TEW2008 or check out TEW2008's Developer journal, visit our forums at http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/

The Extreme Warfare series of games has been considered the premier brand of wrestling simulators for many years, having built up a huge fan base through word-of-mouth. Since its original release in 1995, including the award-winning Extreme Warfare Revenge title released in 2003, the popular Total Extreme Wrestling series, and the off-shoot games Wrestling Spirit: Rookie to Legend in 2004 and its sequel WreSpi2 in 2006, fans have come to expect the most accurate portrayal of the wrestling world from Adam Ryland games.

About Grey Dog Software
Grey Dog Software, LLC an Arizona based, privately-held company, is a leading developer of sports management simulations for the PC. Grey Dog Software strives to provide ground-breaking features, enormous depth, and endless replayability with each game.
Platform: PC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2008, 11:56 AM   #2
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
I have been playing this game since the beginning (Extreme Warfare days)...can't wait to see how 2008 is going to turn out.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:55 PM   #3
All Star

OVR: 20
Re: Grey Dog Software Releases Total Extreme Wrestling 2008 Demo

So far, so good. It's tough to get a feel for new a feature like national/regional battles and the revamped developmental system with only a month, but it defenitly looks like I'll be spending some nice days inside the next couple of months.

The changes in the Cornellverse are defenitly interesting. Can't wait to crush Tommy's hopes. SWF FTW!
Old 06-03-2008, 02:07 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56

Noice, this is very good news. Cant believe its already due to release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
I have been playing this game since the beginning (Extreme Warfare days)...can't wait to see how 2008 is going to turn out.
Same here, ive been enjoying these games so much. I just hope this one works well with Vista...07 was just unplayable. I know WMMA worked good with Vista(even though freezing was still a problem) but TEW has much more data.
Old 06-03-2008, 02:27 PM   #5
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTX3
Same here, ive been enjoying these games so much. I just hope this one works well with Vista...07 was just unplayable. I know WMMA worked good with Vista(even though freezing was still a problem) but TEW has much more data.
No problems here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2008, 02:47 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiggidyJames
No problems here.
Vista? WMMA would usually freeze about an hour into playtime. Damn these download links are getting hammered, im barely at 78%.
Old 06-03-2008, 03:35 PM   #7
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTX3
Vista? WMMA would usually freeze about an hour into playtime. Damn these download links are getting hammered, im barely at 78%.
Yeah, Vista. I never had any prbolem with WMMA, just the "run as admin" thing.

When I tried getting it on Sunday, I gave up. But then I spotted a rapidshare link on ewbattleground. Don't know if it's still up.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:57 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

I got it already, used the megaupload link. Im loving the new look, keeps everything nice and simple to find imo. Ill be buying a license come next week, never got into the fake world but maybe ill get into it with 08 until some mods come out...a big gracias to Adam and his staff for putting out yet another addicting game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »