Home

Front Office Football Central Joins Operation Sports

This is a discussion on Front Office Football Central Joins Operation Sports within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2008, 01:56 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Front Office Football Central Joins Operation Sports

Tonight we are happy to announce that one of the Internet's leading sports text-sim websites, Front Office Football Central (FOFC) has joined our network.

For close to 10 years FOFC has been the home for Front Office Football community discussion. In recent years they have also branched out to cover a wide array of text-sim based games including the popular Out Of The Park baseball series.

On top of a vibrant independent forum in FOFC we also gain a new staff member. FOFC Webmaster, Ben Lewis, joins our team as Senior Text-Sim Editor. Ben will be working closely with Tim Martin, Carlos Hernandez and our other text-sim crazy staff writers to expand our text-sim coverage across OS.

We asked Ben to say a few words...

Quote:
"I'm thrilled to be joining forces with Operation Sports. First off, many thanks to Matt Holme and Steve Noah and the rest of the OS team for bringing us into the fold at OS. And also many thanks to Jim Gindin, who has been the solo developer of the Front Office Football series for over 10 years, and without whom FOFC would have never gotten off the ground many moons ago. Although the roots of FOFC are in the FOF series, the forum has grown over the years into the largest and most active independent gaming forum on the internet in which text sims are discussed more than any other genre. Add to that the fact that OS has reviewed more text-based sports simulations than any site around, and this seems like a marriage made in heaven. I look forward to working with the OS Staff and interacting with the entire OS community in helping shine more light on the text sim genre as a whole.

The text-based sports sim genre isn't a massive one, but it appears to be gaining in popularity as more and more gamers are desiring a deeper and more strategic challenge, and I'm happy to come on board with a forum filled with many years of combined experience and a good bit of interaction with text sim developers. I know of no text sim developer who hasn't posted at FOFC at some point, and most of them are at least semi-regulars. There's also a wealth of strategic knowledge among the active membership at FOFC, so don't feel shy to register at the forum, pop in, and ask any question you'd like about any specific text sim, or just the genre in general.

Again, I'm looking forward to interacting with all of you, and am very glad that I've been given the opportunity."

You can find permanent links to Front Office Football Central in our left menu and top nav bar.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2008, 03:11 AM   #2
87%

ty5oke's Arena

OVR: 25
Congrats to both FOFC and OS, this will add even more depth to this wonderful site, Best Web Site on the Web, at least for me.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:08 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 8
I'm pumped!

--Ben
Old 06-06-2008, 09:10 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 8
I'm also excited by this move. I've been a member of both sites for a few years now and they are my 2 favorite sites on the web.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:01 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 7
Woo!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2008, 10:20 AM   #6
Rookie

purple cowboy's Arena

OVR: 1
Great stuff; it's the reason I joined the site (which looks teriffic, btw).
Old 06-06-2008, 11:50 AM   #7
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46
Very excited for this addition to the OS family. Great news.
Old 06-06-2008, 01:41 PM   #8
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Front Office Football Central Joins Operation Sports

Lots of sports gaming.. all in one cozy place!

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »