Home

Don King Presents: Prizefighter Review

This is a discussion on Don King Presents: Prizefighter Review within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2008, 04:50 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: Don King Presents: Prizefighter Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlyGilmore
i think his complaint was mostly about when playing the computer in career mode ...
I dont think you can even button mash in career mode. The cpu will knocked ya out quick. At least from my experiences. If you box smart and know how to throw combos you can take them all out fairly easy. I am only 18 matches into career mode with a 15-3 record and 9 knock outs.
Old 06-16-2008, 05:07 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
I dont think you can even button mash in career mode. The cpu will knocked ya out quick. At least from my experiences. If you box smart and know how to throw combos you can take them all out fairly easy. I am only 18 matches into career mode with a 15-3 record and 9 knock outs.
I wonder if you lose a certain amount of fights if it will make you stop. I am 23-8-1 with 16 KO's. I have only been KO'd twice. There is one dude that will give you fits. I wish I could remember his name, but if you are 18 fights in, he'll come up quick. He wanted to fight toe to toe, but I moved that to the outside because he was lightning quick. When I moved to outside, he did too and he was still lightning quick. I lost to him twice on the third fight I caught him in the 9th and knocked him down and then finished him off with a liver shot for the TKO. I've had a couple guys beat me twice. Every fight is pretty much a challenge, although I destroyed that Silva clown 99-91 on all 3 cards.
Old 06-16-2008, 05:28 PM   #11
Banned

thelwig14's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlyGilmore
i think his complaint was mostly about when playing the computer in career mode ...

With all due respect (and not in a Ricky Bobby tone), I don't see it either way. I finished 41-0 in my career and had to seriously gameplan some of those.

And of all my fights online, anyone who came out button mashed either got destroyed or immediately adjusted.

You can go Ali on guys and make them hit air often if you defend.

This game has some seriously suckage things about it, no doubt, but the button mash is just something I am not seeing, especially with the blue meter that makes you slow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2008, 05:35 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelwig14
And of all my fights online, anyone who came out button mashed either got destroyed or immediately adjusted.
No, button mashing doesn't work-for one thing it will induce immediate fatigue and slow you to a crawl.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:43 PM   #13
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
No, button mashing doesn't work-for one thing it will induce immediate fatigue and slow you to a crawl.
I agree. This game has some issues with my main gripes being judging and collision detection (which you can argue are very important in a boxing sim). For some reason though I can't get enough of it as I really enjoy the pace of the fights, esp. multiplayer. I've played this way more than I did FN3. Good Review though. I'd give it a 7.5-8.0, even higher if those two issues were fixed.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:10 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 6
Location: PA, but born & rasied in Hollis, Queens NY. MM username: jkhaalis991

I just can't believe they released this game with the hit detection as horrible as it is. I mean how you gonna get knocked downwhen the glove just barely hit ur chin & to make it worst they show the knock down in slow mo so you can see how bad the hitdetection is. Some1 at 2K needs to be reprimanded for let this flaw slip through.

I have been apart of "The Tradition" since NCAA started online dynasties. Come check it out.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:51 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 0

There are glitches, the hit detection is bad, the judging is bad, but the core gameplay is still the best on next gen consoles. That's if you're truely into boxing and understand the simulation aspects of it. As with mostly all of 2ks games, especially APF and now PF, they don't really cater to the casual fan. So, there's not much there if you don't care for having to setup combos, sticking and moving, establishing the jab, jabbing to the solar plex, working angles, etc etc
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2008, 10:23 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 11
Good review! and deserved score....I'm so looking forward to FN4...it can't get here any faster!

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »