Home

Tuesday Morning Other Stuff (6-17-08)

This is a discussion on Tuesday Morning Other Stuff (6-17-08) within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2008, 07:47 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Tuesday Morning Other Stuff (6-17-08)

Yeah, after spending another 80 bajillion hours last night on the new cap card, I think it's safe to say that it will be returned. I've already ordered another one, different make of course, so the waiting game begins again.

Rode the bike into work this morning, man it is so nice and relaxing. Since I leave so early, I avoid the bulk of the traffic, in the afternoons it's a bit heavy, but still not bad at all. Break in is at 600 miles, so I have about 350 to go.

Tiger can play some golf huh? Not sure how bad his knee "really" is, but still, dude can play a little bit.

I hope the Lakers win tonight, just so it goes to Game 7.

What's up with you?
  • QOTD: Do you have a hybrid?
Happy Birthday to the following OS'ers!

brento (33), Briman123 (18)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2008, 08:22 AM   #2
All Star

OVR: 35
Re: Tuesday Morning Other Stuff (6-17-08)

Celtics win it tonight. The Lakers don't have the cojones to win one on the road.

QOTD: I'm seriously considering buying one next spring when I'll be new car shopping.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:08 AM   #3
MVP

Pete1210's Arena

OVR: 30

QOTD: No, but I have a 4 cyl. Camry that gets decent gas mileage.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:44 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 8
Screw Tiger. The guy got handed a win from a 46 year old "PGA filler." There is no way on God's green earth he should have won but because he is perhaps the luckiest "athlete" (I use that term loosely for golfers) in the world he gets the win and because everyone else on the tour sucks aside form mickelson who is the most inconsistent athlete I have ever seen in my life.

The beauty is win or lose, the media and the fanboys would jack it to him because of his knee which as Steve mentions, wtf knows if it is really as bad as he was trying to make it seem. People can say BS to that but you have no clue what Tiger's tolerance of pain is. I have a friend who makes any cut or whatever a big deal and when I get the same type of stuff i simply brush it off and do not care. For all I know Tiger is a ***** and his knee is no sore than my right thumb which has been hurting for many months but I deal with it and accept it. Me thinks if he came out leading from the start thursday NOBODY would have saw all the faces and crap he did but since he was sucking it for almost the whole tournament (sorry but 3 good eagle putts and a lucky BS chip-in that was going to probably end up in a bogey does not make a great tournament) he made sure he was showing the supposed knee pain so he'd have a reason to explain why he was playing poor and for all his fanboys and the media to explain it off.

People can think I am crazy but Tiger clearly shows he is an immature drama queen. Notice how whenever he makes a bad shot or things aren't going his way he sulks and spazzes out? When things go his way he has the smile and all that crap. Sorry but if you are a true pro and are supposedly sooooooooo mentally tough (and that I find funny. Tiger would get killed in real sports like football where mental toughness is far greater seeing as woods can't hit a shot with a camera clicking) you should not freak out when you screw up or things don't go your way. You don't see Peyton Manning or Roger Federer spazzing out and sulking when things don't go their way. You didn't see it with Jordan, don't see it with A-Rod, or many other top players and I doubt Jack Nicklaus spazzed out when things didn't go his way or Palmer and other golfing greats. The fact is Woods is like Kobe and Tom Brady with how they think everything should go their way and are used to getting the lucky breaks and cry when they don't. It is embarrassing to watch.

As for Tiger knowing how to play some golf...OF COURSE HE CAN. The guy has been golfing since he started walking. What do people expect with him? Why is it so amazing when he makes shots or wins when IT IS COMMON KNOWLEDGE he has been golfing basically his ENTIRE life? I mean really, think about it...golfing to him is like speaking or printing words to anyone else. It is THAT natural. If anything, he is underachieving based on his history with the sport AND the fact the PGA is full of crap players. It is scary to think how many more wins Nicklaus would have if he played in today's PGA and with today's superior clubs/technology.

I have no doubt if anyone started golfing when they were 18 months and kept with it showing the dedication he has that they'd be just as good as tiger and maybe even better because despite the fact he has been golfing for 31.5 years he STILL has serious accuracy issues. The reality is people should be impressed that Tiger stuck with golf for his whole life because most child prodigies simply lose interest as they hit their teenage years or early adulthood or they think they are so great they don't practice as much. THAT is what is impressive with tiger not the fact he can play a sport that again, he has been playing his entire life. Do people get jizztastic over people being able to speak, read, write english when it is the only language they have ever known?

The problem is that most people who start up golf do so later in their teen years or in adulthood and do so casually and do not grasp that a guy like tiger has had his WHOLE LIFE revolve around it. Most people who have golfed for say 10 years probably have not hit as many golf balls or swung a club as much as tiger has in a year so they need to grasp that. Tiger has probably hit millions of golf balls in his life. Do people really think if they got to spend 30 years from early childhood and doing something millions of times that they wouldn't be good at it? Also, the human brain is way less open to change and adaptation the older you get so when you try and pick up things it becomes harder to do and requires more time. Basically, if you gave a 4 year old and a 25 yr old some clubs and the same amount of time practicing, in 10 years the 4 year old would most likely (I'd say it is a 90-95% certainty) would be far better than the 25 yr old simply because his brain is still open to change and adapting and is developing a hell of a lot at that age.

Clearly Tiger is a great golfer and is the best right now but again, he should be the best based on his history so it should surprise nobody. It'd be nice if people would not get all shocked/amazed when he wins something because again he SHOULD win. Sadly though, it will never change and people will show the same reaction after he wins that they have all these years and act like he just picked up a golf club 3 years ago no 31+ years ago. So annoying...

FWIW I have a friend who is a good golfer and if he could focus his time on golf he could probably make the PGA in a few years. He, like me, says it is obvious Tiger should do well and that it is silly when people make a big deal out of him winning because of how early he started playing.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:47 AM   #5
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
You love yourself some Tiger eh Rob? LOL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2008, 10:52 AM   #6
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44

Wow, what a rant.
Old 06-17-2008, 11:02 AM   #7
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

So 14 majors was just luck huh?

QOTD: I'm considering buying one when I get a new car.
Old 06-17-2008, 11:05 AM   #8
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44

The thing about hybrids is that the extra thousands of dollars you pay to get one, it kind of cancels out the high price of gasoline. So in the end it's basically a wash.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »