Home

Wednesday Morning Other Stuff (6-18-08)

This is a discussion on Wednesday Morning Other Stuff (6-18-08) within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2008, 08:02 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Wednesday Morning Other Stuff (6-18-08)

Wow, the Lakers sure put up a fight last night huh? What an extremely boring game that was, unless of course you're a C's fan. Congrats to the C's, congrats to KG, PP and Ray Ray. KG has heart, not sure if there is any other player in the NBA that has as much as he does.

What's up with you?
  • Q'sOTD: Were you satisfied with this years NBA season? Is there anything you'd change, if you were commish?
Happy Birthday to the following OS'ers!

mark_ (28), ps2sportgamer (20), theghost010305 (20), jhaunki (19)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2008, 08:33 AM   #2
All Star

OVR: 35
Re: Wednesday Morning Other Stuff (6-18-08)

Is anyone else sick of Boston teams winning championships?

QOTD: No, because the Cavs didn't win the championship. Actually, I was disappointed in the lack of close games throughout the playoffs and last night's game was a fitting end to a fairly boring playoffs. I'd have to say the Cavs/Wiz series was probably the most entertaining.

I'd go back to the old 5 game series in the first round and not have so many off days between playoff games. However, that would mean losing TV money, so it will never happen.

I would also force teams to trade their good players to the Cavs for the Ben Wallaces of the team so that the Cavs can win a championship before LeBron goes to Brooklyn.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:50 AM   #3
MVP

Pete1210's Arena

OVR: 30

QOTD: Knicks should have fired Thomas before the season started.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:56 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 8
I was happy to see the Lakers lose (even thogh I hate boston area fans) because I wanted KG to get a ring and I think Kobe is a 1st class douche. ALl I know is anyone should clearly see Kobe is flat out over rated and those trying to compare him to MJ need to have mental evaluations done. I am sure though his legion of fanboys and the media will flip it and blame his "supporting cast" even though Lebron was able to do more vs Boston (especially when facing elimination) and he IMO has less of a cast than Kobe and you can be sure if the Cavs were getting pumped that Lebron wouldn't be giving up and phoning it in the 3rd qtr like Kobe was yesterday.

Being able to put up 50+ vs some of the league's worst teams each year does not make you the best player or make you comparable to MJ.

Anyway, congrats to KG and it was nice to see him be so emotional after the game. He's one of those athletes you can truly feel happy for.
Old 06-18-2008, 09:16 AM   #5
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

QOTD - Nope I'm disappointed that Bynum was hurt the whole time, Gasol is a playoff choker!

And My Lakers got the life beat out of them last night! Embarrassing game I turned it off in the 4th Quarter and got on Xbox Live. Sad finish I saw the highlights of that 4th and just couldn't believe how bad they played!

Congrats to the Celtics though, for having a great team and the will to win!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2008, 11:14 AM   #6
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

QOTD: I would have liked the Mavs to do more. Personally, I think all refs need to go under review and if they aren't up to par, they should be fired.
Xbox-Shugarooo
Twitch.tv/Shugarooo
Old 06-18-2008, 11:16 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 62

QOTD: I wish the Knicks resembled an NBA team and not a bunch of guys put together by shooting free throws at the park.
Old 06-18-2008, 11:20 AM   #8
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Considering I actually watched the NBA this season, I suppose I'm satisfied. I was rooting for New Orleans, though, but they'll be back next year.

I echo the earlier sentiments of Boomhauertjs; I too am tired of the sports world revolving around Boston. On the other hand though, it was good to see KG, Pierce, and Allen win one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »