Home

NCAA Football 09 Preview and Video Clips

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09 Preview and Video Clips within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2008, 12:50 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NCAA Football 09 Preview and Video Clips

IGN has posted their PS2 preview of NCAA Football 09, including some video clips right here.

Quote:
"There are other subtle tweaks that have been made to the title, particularly within the Dynasty mode, where players will be able to prepare for upcoming match-ups by adding crowd noise and practicing against opponent's playbooks. You'll work on ten specialized plays (five running and five passing plays), and your success at these plays will provide advantages that will overcome home field advantages or crowd noise. Failure, on the other hand, will heighten these effects. NCAA Football 09 also features new combo moves that allow players to make smoother cuts, jukes and spins to make defenders miss your ball carriers. By chaining these moves together, you can get into the open field and easily score. Will the new approach to college ball win over fans? Will Greg Miller's Tigers roar over the National Championship game? Will Capitol One need to get new mascots? We'll see on July 15th when NCAA Football is released. For a sneak peek, check out the videos below."
Platform: PS2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2008, 03:16 PM   #2
Release the Kirchen

auburntigersfan's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: NCAA Football 09 Preview and Video Clips

I wish we had those features .
Old 06-19-2008, 08:16 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Never seen this before PS3 version LSU on 2 yard line called playaction faked the handoff to the halfback who dive over the pile. I was totally fooled and he hit the WR in the corner. This game is finally where it should be from what I can say. Peace!!!!
Old 06-24-2008, 12:22 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0
that was in last years game
Old 06-24-2008, 01:39 AM   #5
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by auburntigersfan
I wish we had those features .
Family play? Mascot challenge?

Oh btw... we recorded specific Lee Corso commentary for mascot challenge. We gave him specific emotions and he would give out a "Yo" that would correspond. Happy, excited, worried, condescending, upset, disappointed, scary, etc.

A few of us have set the email sound from our managers to the "Scary Yo." lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2008, 04:13 AM   #6
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46

yes finally what I've been waiting for!

excluding the mascot crap haha
Old 06-24-2008, 02:40 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

It looks like I might have to stick with the PS2 version of the game. The current Gen version appears to be have a deeper engine along with the little things that make the fans of the title happy. EA seems to be spending a lot of resources on current gen to the point where it still does not make much sense to switch over yet. I hope this is the final year for the titles to be produced for current Gen. I am tired of the excuse that they have yet to figure out the capabilities of the next gen systems... its gettin old... this is the third title in which next gen has existed and yet, Next Gen has yet to catch up with current gen. Please EA, focus on making the game better instead of bolstering about old features that were removed and brought back. I think its time you have learned to utilize the full capabilities of the new systems... and if you cant, lets get some new people in those seats who can figure out how to get the job done!
Old 06-24-2008, 02:53 PM   #8
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerful
It looks like I might have to stick with the PS2 version of the game. The current Gen version appears to be have a deeper engine along with the little things that make the fans of the title happy. EA seems to be spending a lot of resources on current gen to the point where it still does not make much sense to switch over yet. I hope this is the final year for the titles to be produced for current Gen. I am tired of the excuse that they have yet to figure out the capabilities of the next gen systems... its gettin old... this is the third title in which next gen has existed and yet, Next Gen has yet to catch up with current gen. Please EA, focus on making the game better instead of bolstering about old features that were removed and brought back. I think its time you have learned to utilize the full capabilities of the new systems... and if you cant, lets get some new people in those seats who can figure out how to get the job done!
my thoughts exactly. I bought 08 last year for my PS3, and I must say after like 2 months I just couldn't play it anymore. Graphically it was there, but everything else lacked. I recently picked up 08 for PS2 and I have been having fun playing that lately, way more than I did playing next gen, its just sad. I wish EA would spend more time learning the new consoles instead of just going with what they first discovered and making that stuff better. Lets get some new features, bring in some old ones. Dev from the PS3 if space is an issue, that way the game would be better for both systems. Its stupid that the PS2 has endzone art, referees, chain gangs, cheerleaders, and alternate uniforms, while the next gen is JUST now getting only some of that stuff

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »