Home

NBA Live 09 Cover Athlete in the UK: Luol Deng

This is a discussion on NBA Live 09 Cover Athlete in the UK: Luol Deng within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2008, 10:03 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NBA Live 09 Cover Athlete in the UK: Luol Deng

LUOL DENG NAMED UK COVER ATHLETE OF EA SPORTS' NBA LIVE 09

NBA's Biggest International Stars Grace Covers
in Italy, Spain and UK – Tony Parker Named Global Cover Athlete

GUILDFORD, UK – Wednesday, June 25, 2008 – Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) announced today that Chicago Bulls forward, Luol Deng, will be the cover athlete and spokesman for NBA LIVE 09 in the UK. Deng, raised in the UK from 1993, has played in the NBA for three years and is a vital part of the Great Britain national team. This is the first time the UK has worked with a local athlete and highlights the continued growth of the NBA in Europe.

“I’m proud to be the first British athlete chosen to appear on the NBA Live cover in the UK” said Luol Deng. “It’s an honour to be recognized by EA SPORTS as a UK ambassador for NBA Live 09 and I’m looking forward to playing for the Great Britain National team.”

Deng is joined by some of the NBA’s biggest international stars on packaging around the world, including Los Angeles Lakers Pau Gasol (Spain) and Toronto Raptors Andrea Bargnani (Italy).

Additionally San Antonio Spurs point guard Tony Parker will be the cover athlete and spokesman for NBA LIVE 09 globally. In his seven NBA seasons, the 26 year old is a two-time NBA All-Star, has three NBA championships and was named the 2007 NBA Finals MVP. Parker will be the first European born (France) global cover athlete of NBA LIVE. Off the court, Parker is an avid gamer and won an NBA LIVE 08 tournament against fellow NBA stars at the EA SPORTS All-Star Challenge last February in New Orleans.

Player Territory Team
Tony Parker Worldwide San Antonio Spurs
Andrea Bargnani Italy Toronto Raptors
Pau Gasol Spain LA Lakers
Luol Deng UK Chicago Bulls

NBA LIVE 09 is back with new features like Pick and Roll Control, Defensive Lockdown Control, Signature Playcalling and Quickstrike Ankle-Breakers that will make the NBA LIVE experience fun from beginning to end. For those in need of some extra coaching, NBA LIVE 09 takes you to training camp with the NBA Academy that gives you a chance to hone your skills.

Now featuring 24 authentic FIBA teams with realistic team play styles and rosters, NBA LIVE 09 features a FIBA World Championship Mode using FIBA tournament structure, rules and court dimensions. Take your game online with 5 vs.5 team play, where 10 people can play together on 10 different consoles around the world.

NBA LIVE 09 will be available for the Xbox 360™, the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, the Wii™, PlayStation®2 computer entertainment systems and the PSP® (PlayStation®Portable). The game will be in stores on October 7 in North America, and on October 14 worldwide. The game has not yet been rated by the ESRB or PEGI; visit www.esrb.org or www.pegi.info for updated rating information.

Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2008, 10:29 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 2
well im getting the uk cover
Old 06-26-2008, 01:32 PM   #3
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58
Re: NBA Live 09 Cover Athlete in the UK: Luol Deng

Quote:
Originally Posted by huddy187
well im getting the uk cover
If I get Live this year I'm thinking about it as well since the PS3 version works on any PS3. The last time a Bull was on the cover was the Super Nintendo/Sega days so I might jump the gun here.
Old 06-26-2008, 03:03 PM   #4
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

I was looking everywhere to get a copy of 08 with Andrea Barnani on the cover but could not find it anywhere (well in english anyway) on the net. Keep me posted if you guys can find them overseas.

Last edited by Mintsa; 06-26-2008 at 03:06 PM.
Old 06-26-2008, 03:29 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus GTR
If I get Live this year I'm thinking about it as well since the PS3 version works on any PS3.
Just to prevent you from a bad surprise:
2ksports games are not online compatible on PS3 so far, so if you import it from UK, you'll probably have to play against europeans/australians if you go online. There is some kind of regional marking on the disc: you can play it in any console but for online, there are different versions, corresponding to the NTSC/PAL teritorries.
A friend of mine has bought a PS3 here in Germany (so PAL area) and imported 2k8 from the states (NTSC). While there is no problem for him running the game, he can't play against other european unless they also imported theirs.

EDIT: whoops, wrong games company, sorry! Don't know if the mentioned thing is also true with EA but I doubt it, since EA has better server capacities for sure.

Last edited by wurstman3000; 06-26-2008 at 03:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »