Home

Top Spin 3 Demo Available

This is a discussion on Top Spin 3 Demo Available within the All Other Sports forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2008, 07:49 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: Top Spin 3 Demo Available

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeePride
Tennis is slow. We call that realism.
Tennis is not slow at least the mens. why dont you try watchin Wimbledon

Demo up in the ps3 store
Vic: Well, in one, one girl wins. In the other....
Kenny: Everyone wins?!?!

Captain Tenneal: Get it on!

Last edited by DaImmaculateONe; 06-27-2008 at 10:11 AM.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:55 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
I'm a huge fan of the demo. I'll be picking this up pretty soon. I might wait a couple weeks and see if the supposed learning curve produces some used copies early. When I read the reviews, I just knew that this was a case of scrubby reviewers whining. "This is hard for me, it's bad." Lord have freaking mercy. Set your feet and let go of the damned button, it's not nuclear physics. This game will take a long time to master, as any game should, but it didn't take long to play at all.

I agree with the general sentiment here, the new gameplay forces you to invest in every swing, and makes it much more satisfying to bury someone with a winner. God forbid 2k gave a Tennis game deep gameplay. They should just put Sharapova skins on Pong and put it out, and watch the 8s and 9s roll in. Sessler's Soapbox and Zero Punctuation may be the only redeeming qualities of the gaming media.

From what I can tell, the presentation issues are valid.
Amen. Xplay gave the game a 4/10, and the reviewer actually states the the reason was because the controls were too difficult.

I was like WTF? Maybe you should actually learn and go through training before you give up on it.

As for my thoughts, I thought it was AWESOME. Unfortunately, I'm saving up for NCAA 09 so I'll only be able to rent this for now.

Old 06-27-2008, 07:36 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 10

So far it pretty good, It nothing like the other top spins game which i like. the control are like the opposite to smash court. They dont have an option to higher the difficulty which sucks so i cant get a better feel for the game. Also there is not enough unforced errors, but i never seen a tennis game perfect that.
Old 06-28-2008, 02:15 AM   #20
Pro

JBucc's Arena

OVR: 8

I don't know much about tennis but I like the demo. It's kind of odd at first because you're used to just hitting a button and doing an action, but here you have to hold the button and time the release. The AI is dumb as a brick on this difficulty level.

The players look great and I love the way the cloth and hair moves, looks awesome. I guess you can put all that detail in when you only have two people playing and a relatively small playing area and crowd.

Even though I like it I wouldn't pay $60 for a tennis game. Might pick it up used later on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports »