Home

Friday Morning Other Stuff (6-27-07)

This is a discussion on Friday Morning Other Stuff (6-27-07) within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2008, 07:51 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Friday Morning Other Stuff (6-27-07)

Headed to the beach this weekend, but I need to cut the grass before we go, it's getting a bit long. Yard work is so much fun... Probably need to trim up some bushes and trees as well, before the HOA gets on me.

The NBA draft came and went, I was expecting a lot more trading. That kinda made it boring for me.

What's up with you?
  • QOTD: What are you up to this weekend?
Happy Birthday to the following OS'ers!

Stumpy Santo (39), Houston (38), TheTruth (34), GSW (27), silentbob_7264 (22), Taur3asi3 (21)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2008, 08:00 AM   #2
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41
QOTD: Yard work and MGS 4.....still recovering from honeymoon
Old 06-27-2008, 08:34 AM   #3
All Star

OVR: 35
Re: Friday Morning Other Stuff (6-27-07)

Hickson's an ok pick for the Cavs. At that point in the draft, you don't know what you're going to get. It looks more and more like the Cavs will go in with the same roster they had at the end of last season and probably won't be able to make a deal until close to the trading deadline. Meanwhile, the LeBron to NY/NJ talk won't stop...

QOTD: Going to the "Battle of Ohio" between the Indians and Reds tonight (or Battle of Last Place Teams). My wife will embarassingly be rooting for her Reds. Tomorrow, my in-laws are dropping off their piano, which they are giving to my wife. Will probably spend Sunday packing for our trip.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:19 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 62

QOTD: My belated graduation/bar passing/being admitted to the Mass. bar party is this Sunday. So we will be celebrating all weekend long.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:34 AM   #5
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Wow, at how Cameron pitched Aliens to get it green-lit. Writing the word Aliens on a chalkboard and then following it up by drawing two lines on the 's' to form a $ sign. That's Hollywood for you.

And Geffen Babies? Umm, color me concerned.

This weekend I'll be playing Top Spin 3 and Drake's Fortune like a mad man. I'll also do a lot of writing and playing some baseball.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2008, 11:43 AM   #6
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
QOTD: My belated graduation/bar passing/being admitted to the Mass. bar party is this Sunday. So we will be celebrating all weekend long.
Can you resend the invitation? I think mine got lost in the mail.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 06-27-2008, 11:52 AM   #7
Staff Writer

OVR: 12
I've played through the LEGO Indiana Jones game. If you are a big IJ fan, you'll love it--try the demo.

So happy that the Blues Brothers is on that list of car chases. Love that movie.

Weekend? Nothing planned. Hoping that the Phillies can get back on track.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:09 PM   #8
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

Is Kid Icarus only planned as a Wii release? That would be a major downer.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »