Home

Wednesday Morning Other Stuff (7-2-08)

This is a discussion on Wednesday Morning Other Stuff (7-2-08) within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2008, 08:51 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Wednesday Morning Other Stuff (7-2-08)

Like the links? Make sure you comment on the ones you like, so I can get a guage on things.OK, yesterday we seemed to generate a little more interaction with the morning post, how about we get a little more conversation in here today. HD seems to think we have a competition going on, he is no match for my awesomeness...

We went car shopping last night, since my wifee's car failed inspection, it really makes no sense to fix it and have it fail again next year, too many issues with it as of right now. The starter had to be replaced over the weekend, so that put it over the top. We test drove a few Accords and Civics last night and hope to test drive something else tonight. She wants a V6, as she is used to the power of the Maxima, but the prices are a bit higher than we expected. Any recommendations?

Anyways, my capture card arrived yesterday and I took a few test runs with it. I captured video, but the audio isn't working right, I don't have the right codec, I'm guessing. The video however is tits, is that what the young bucks call it nowadays? Anyways, it's off the chain. Hope to get at least one of them up tonight, to show off what it can do. Wish me luck.

What's up with you?
  • QOTD: Which automobile(s) do you own and are you happy with it?
Happy Birthday to the following OS'ers! (Happy birthday to my dad as well!) (58)

myownsun, captscfd (44), Spin (38), spin1993 (38), hsa613 (37), rudyjuly2 (36), rsump112 (35), dbeth (31), Spear (20), HokieStar (20), Coel (18)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2008, 08:55 AM   #2
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: Wednesday Morning Other Stuff (7-2-08)

Even though I don't have a 360 (PS3) I still won't buy one...I'm looking forward to the iPhone releasing in 9 days now. 2.40 is pretty cool, I really like the new clock feature, haven't gotten to mess around with trophies yet.

QOTD: 2003 GMC Sonoma, I'm pretty happy with it, I'll wait to get a new car when I'm married.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:59 AM   #3
All Star

OVR: 35

I always see links for free music sites and think it's really cool, but then I never take the time to check them out.

Last day of work today before heading off to Europe tomorrow. I'll try to post tomorrow morning before we leave for the airport, but if not, have a good 4th everyone. If I get a chance, I'll check in from an internet cafe overseas while we're traveling.

QOTD:
2002 Grand Am. By the end of the summer I'm going to go over 100,000 miles. It's been a good car. No major problems. I'm looking to buy a new car next spring, probably a hybrid.
My wife has a 2003 Vibe. It's a really good car. Really good gas mileage, but you can fold down the back and passenger seats, so it's a good car for hauling stuff too.
Old 07-02-2008, 09:14 AM   #4
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41
What's Up? Just gearing up for the 4th weekend, i love the 4th of July.

QOTD: I own an 05 Mustang and i love it, but sadly it may get traded in soon for a car that is more "family friendly" My wife has an 04 Endeavour, and its in decent shape, that too will be leaving the family soon.

Link comments: First off the nightly links are great, but in no way a threat to the morning links (but both are very great additions)

Cant wait for 2.4 on PS3. Sounds like its laying the ground work for some good things.

Im pretty sure every male between the ages of 13 and 85 own a 360 and if not, heres a reason to get it (i own a PS3 and 360, so im happy either way)

The little reggie bush guy is fast, but ill wait and see what he looks like when hes a bit older, see if he still moves that way

cant WAIT for new iPhone
Old 07-02-2008, 09:21 AM   #5
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

2000 Chevy Blazer. I wish I had a newer car, since this one is kind of acting up on me occasionally. But it's relatively dependable.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2008, 09:31 AM   #6
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
Even though I don't have a 360 (PS3) I still won't buy one...I'm looking forward to the iPhone releasing in 9 days now. 2.40 is pretty cool, I really like the new clock feature, haven't gotten to mess around with trophies yet.

QOTD: 2003 GMC Sonoma, I'm pretty happy with it, I'll wait to get a new car when I'm married.
New clock feature?
Old 07-02-2008, 09:33 AM   #7
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
New clock feature?
Yeah, It displays the date and time while your on the main menu (ie. not playing a game or in the PS Store)..Just a cool little addition IMO.
Old 07-02-2008, 09:33 AM   #8
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomhauertjs
I always see links for free music sites and think it's really cool, but then I never take the time to check them out.

Last day of work today before heading off to Europe tomorrow. I'll try to post tomorrow morning before we leave for the airport, but if not, have a good 4th everyone. If I get a chance, I'll check in from an internet cafe overseas while we're traveling.

QOTD:
2002 Grand Am. By the end of the summer I'm going to go over 100,000 miles. It's been a good car. No major problems. I'm looking to buy a new car next spring, probably a hybrid.
My wife has a 2003 Vibe. It's a really good car. Really good gas mileage, but you can fold down the back and passenger seats, so it's a good car for hauling stuff too.
I'm the exact same way w/ the free music links.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »