Home

Thursday Morning Other Stuff (7-3-08)

This is a discussion on Thursday Morning Other Stuff (7-3-08) within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2008, 10:34 AM   #9
Have you seen my baseball

BlyGilmore's Arena

OVR: 44
so yesterday we had titties and today we have bitch and f'ing? say it isn't so steve. say it isn't so!

no really funny car stories. I will say though if I had a nickel for every time I almost got killed in an automobile, i'd have a shibbyload of nickels.
Old 07-03-2008, 10:52 AM   #10
MVP

joshuar9476's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Thursday Morning Other Stuff (7-3-08)

QOTD: was driving to cleveland with a friend a few years back when these two douche bags were flying up behind us weaving in and out of traffic. they were using the emergency lanes on both sides and must have been doing near 100. about five miles down the road, after they had been long gone, we came across the car on the side of the road with another car it had hit. out of the other car comes this 6'5" 300 lb black guy just pissed like you can't believe. those kids refused to get out of the car until the cops arrived. we just pulled off to the side and waited .... it was awesome.

Fan of:
Indiana Hoosiers
Cincinnati Reds
Joey Logano
Old 07-03-2008, 10:58 AM   #11
Rookie for life...

Wasted Penguins's Arena

OVR: 12
Funny stuff guys.

QOTD: None that are PG!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2008, 11:00 AM   #12
MVP

davin's Arena

OVR: 13

QOTD: I don't really have funny driving stories, but plenty of "that guy is a terrible driver who almost killed me" stories.

I hate flies in general. I was sick years back with something that would basically make me almost fall over anytime I stood up (it messed with my sense of balance) so I was stuck laying on the couch by doctor's orders. There was this stupid fly that would keep flying right by my ear and I wasn't able to kill it. For two days it kept this up, I couldn't sleep.

Friends movie: I liked the show, but no, no movie for me. I think those things usually kind of suck and it wouldn't be any sort of recontinuation of the story or anything, it would be like an hour of them all meeting again and then just awkwardness. Maybe this is just my experience with friends that have moved away, but the longer you are apart the more awkward a reunion is. You really start to realize how quickly things change and you still have all the old jokes and all the old stories to share with eachother, but people change.
Old 07-03-2008, 11:29 AM   #13
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

Surprised we're not seeing the iPhone listed on the Gadgets you should grab for 08.

QOTD: none for me
Xbox-Shugarooo
Twitch.tv/Shugarooo
Old 07-03-2008, 11:42 AM   #14
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMIHEMMY
Fruitflies...the few times we had them, the source was potatoes. Do you have any? Maybe hidden away in a cupboard that you forgot were there? Bad potatoes will cause them....
Ha! Exact same thing happened to my roommate & I years ago. We couldn't deduce what was attracting them for a month or two. Finally we cleaned out the entire pantry only to find a bag of potatoes so rotten that they could have been a prop in a science fiction movie...

For QOTD, my friend told me a few days ago that when he was doing his daily hour commute, he reached for the Gatorade bottle in his center console for a quick thirst-quenching. Problem is, he chews (Skoal Citrus) like a MFer when he drives and it was his week-long spitter. Needless to say he no choice but to pull over and dry-heave on the side of the road for a few minutes...

Last edited by Qb; 07-03-2008 at 11:46 AM.
Old 07-03-2008, 12:27 PM   #15
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Last weekend I was driving with my date and the exit we wanted was closed due to construction. It had the big traffic barrels blocking off that lane, etc. As we neared the exit I said "F--- it, I'm going for it!" and jerked the wheel right a bit as if I was going to plow through the barrels and take the exit anyways. She grabbed for the handle on the door so fast, but after that initial shock she was wondering if we could have made it...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2008, 12:58 PM   #16
Release the Kirchen

auburntigersfan's Arena

OVR: 31

QOTD: When I was a Freshman in High School a close friend of mine, that also lived near me was a Senior, so he took me to school. We had many stories, here is the funniest.
One time we were a little late driving to school, so we're hauling and I guess we sorta cut some guy off. Well the funny thing is he is following us all the way to the school, whenever we park he starts chewing us out. It was hilarious.
Another one I remember was at the same merging of lanes that we cut some guy off on some lady that was just let merge in wouldn't let us merge in. She was accelerating and all so we couldn't. There's a freakin' drop off at the end of the lane, so we had to merge over. We end up stopping about 5 feet before going off into it just so we could get in. She was a bitch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »