Home

Madden NFL 09 Screenshots: AFC South

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 09 Screenshots: AFC South within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2008, 01:49 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Could I PUHLEASE get a shot of a Lion in the endzone? and not getting scored on would be nice
Old 06-29-2008, 03:53 AM   #18
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Madden NFL 09 Screenshots: AFC South

This seems like a good thread to ask - Steve, what are the default Titans home uniforms? According to the Titans online shop, the old 'alternates' which are mainly the light 'columbia' blue are now the home jersey, and the previous mostly navy blue jersey is now the alternate. So I assume that means the light blue/light blue look is now the default home uniform?

No official news about it but if EA get their uniform combo details from the NFL yearly, I assume they would reflect any change for this coming season in 09.
Old 06-29-2008, 09:03 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
This seems like a good thread to ask - Steve, what are the default Titans home uniforms? According to the Titans online shop, the old 'alternates' which are mainly the light 'columbia' blue are now the home jersey, and the previous mostly navy blue jersey is now the alternate. So I assume that means the light blue/light blue look is now the default home uniform?

No official news about it but if EA get their uniform combo details from the NFL yearly, I assume they would reflect any change for this coming season in 09.
Nza, if I'm not mistaken, you're a fellow Titans fan, right? I saw that on the online shop too. IMHO, I liked it better when the navy blue jersey was the default home. I'm not a big fan of the columbia blue. I suspect that if they switch up the columbia blue to default home, it's perhaps a tip of the cap kind of thing to the team's heritage (10 year anniversary and all), but I would hope they eventually return to navy blue as the default home. Oh well, I can always change it in the game if I eventually can't stand it.

My favorite, BTW, is the navy blue on navy blue.
Old 06-29-2008, 10:22 AM   #20
Nza
MVP

Yes, definitely a Titans fan In the past two seasons I recall a rather large deal being made about the players all really liking the full columbia blue look. It was apparently the player desires fueled by the win streak in 06 where Fisher was in a rewarding mood that got the ball rolling on those new uniform combos being worn regularly, so I figure the players eventually got it changed for good. I don't even know how the Titans managed to use so many unis lately, I thought the league approved one home, one away, and one alternate, which can only be used twice a season or something. The Titans in 06 I believe it was, was wearing a new uni combo almost every week.

Not sure Bud would celebrate 10 years with a nod to the Oilers when the celebration itself is the first year as the Tennessee Titans, but that could explain it. Perhaps the online shop is wrong, but it is a change consistent throughout the entire site. As I said though, haven't heard anything else about it officially, which is odd as the Nashville beat writers are usually onto things like this for tidbits in their articles.

I like dark on dark too. I like most of the combos, except for the one ifiok25 mentioned disliking above, i.e. the dark jersey and light blue pants, which looks bad IMO. I think my favorite is the away jersey with the light blue pants myself, but I must admit I like the all columbia blue. It isn't technically overly like the Oilers uniforms but I feel it captures that same boldness and uniqueness, the type you either love or hate. Every good uniform has its lovers and haters, otherwise it would just be mediocre, sitting in the dimension of no criticism but little acclaim.

Anyway, would be interesting to know if any changes were made to the Titans home config for Madden 09 if anyone who has the game, or works on the game, wants to chime in.
Old 06-29-2008, 10:35 AM   #21
Banned

Yeah, it would be nice to know what the deal is on that officially. And you're right, you'd think some of the beat writers might have mentioned something about it by now. Oh well, I guess we'll know soon enough.

Quick Edit: As I think about it, you may be right about the Bud Adams thing. Jeff himself has always answered when asked about wearing throwback Oiler uniforms "We don't wear those because we're not the Oilers now---we're the Tennessee Titans." Kind of a "that was then, this is now" thing.

Last edited by Flamehead; 06-29-2008 at 10:41 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2008, 12:05 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

has anyone noticed that the window sizes of Lucas Oil Stadium are waaay too small
Old 07-05-2008, 05:12 AM   #23
Nza
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
Yeah, it would be nice to know what the deal is on that officially. And you're right, you'd think some of the beat writers might have mentioned something about it by now. Oh well, I guess we'll know soon enough.

Quick Edit: As I think about it, you may be right about the Bud Adams thing. Jeff himself has always answered when asked about wearing throwback Oiler uniforms "We don't wear those because we're not the Oilers now---we're the Tennessee Titans." Kind of a "that was then, this is now" thing.
Turns out it's true after all:

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...RTS01/80704005

Probably too late a development for EA to pick up on though if I had to guess.
Old 07-05-2008, 10:12 AM   #24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
Turns out it's true after all:

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...RTS01/80704005

Probably too late a development for EA to pick up on though if I had to guess.
Dang. Oh well. I prefer the navy blue, but I'll live.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »