Home

Madden Monday: 2008 Season Simulation (IGN)

This is a discussion on Madden Monday: 2008 Season Simulation (IGN) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2008, 12:04 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: Madden Monday: 2008 Season Simulation

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I'm going to laugh at you guys when half of this stuff comes close to happening.

You guys are assuming just because the Giants won the Superbowl, they'll be good again. Have any of you payed any attention to the NFL lately? With the exception of the Colts and Patriots, no team is a safe bet anymore. Period.

I think this is the BEST example of the sim engine we've seen so far. The first time we've seen big numbers out of Manning and Brady, proving 40+ TD seasons ARE possible (every previous season I've seen simulated, the league was lead at something like 28 touchdowns).

Certain teams having rough years does not tell me the sim engine sucks. Precisely the opposite... it means teams can go out and lay a stinker no matter how stacked they are. Just like real life.
I totally agree with this statement.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:44 PM   #18
Th*s F*c* C*sh*s Ch*cks

ezekiel55's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Madden Monday: 2008 Season Simulation (IGN)

Since when is Hester a star Wide Reciever?
Old 07-08-2008, 12:45 PM   #19
EA Game Changer

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by zekey55
Since when is Hester a star Wide Reciever?
haha, IGN doesn't know how to play football video games, and apparently they dont watch football either.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:47 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev5890
You do realize Grossman was under center when they went to the Superbowl correct?

Are people seriously doubting what the Bears defense can do at full strength?
And Trent Dilfer was under center when the Ravens won a Super Bowl. Your point is?

Oh wait...Grossman > Fouts

Dilfer = Steve Young
Old 07-08-2008, 12:56 PM   #21
Th*s F*c* C*sh*s Ch*cks

ezekiel55's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliball
And Trent Dilfer was under center when the Ravens won a Super Bowl. Your point is?

Oh wait...Grossman > Fouts

Dilfer = Steve Young
I think you're streching what he's saying a bit.

Grossman started that season, first 8 games or so, as a contender for MVP...obviously we all know he came back down to Earth, but who knows maybe he becomes a serviceable NFL QB. That may sound like a homer comment, but stranger things have happened.

As for Dilfer=Young, c'mon man Steve young couldnt carry Dilfer's jockstrap!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2008, 01:03 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillotine 1
Ok, I just had to reply to this. Being a Giants fan you of all people should know how tough it is to win a game vs the Cowboys. The NFC East the most competitive division in football, it has one of the richest histories in terms of playoff appearences and super bowl wins in the entire NFL, and last year three teams from that divison went to the playoffs (two of them went deep).

The raining super bowl champion resides in that division, and they beat the unbeatable all world, all everything NE Patriots in a thriller to do it. I am very proud to be a Dallas Cowboys fan, I love what my team stands for. I love competing with the best the NFL has to offer twice a year, every year. And I can't stand it when other fans in our division let outsiders talk down about it.

The Cowboys brought 5, count them...5 super bowls to the East. No team in the NFL has more, Steelers have just as many, but not more.

I love the E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles, I love the Redskins, & I love the Giants. And above all, most I love my Dallas Cowboys.

The NFC East: Welcome To The Pride!
That all maybe well and true... but your still a Dallas fan, and we loathe you
Old 07-08-2008, 01:13 PM   #23
MVP

WDOgF0reL1fe's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev5890
haha, IGN doesn't know how to play football video games, and apparently they dont watch football either.
Then what would you call him? A star returner? Im sure everyone wants to be labeled as that... Or a star defensive back? Oh wait... hes not very good at that

Follow me on Twitter yeah.
@WillSoistman
Dibs: Jennifer Aniston

"Success isn't earned, it's leased. Rent is due every damn day.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:34 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 8

I find it funny that a Bears fan is mad that simulating made his team 1-15. That team has a questionable oline, An old WR who couldn't cut it in Miami and a Kick Returner with no real WR experience, and A QB who had a great first half of the season (superbowl year) only to fall on his face the rest of his career. RB is in decent shape if the oline can actually block and teams can't just put 8 in the box with a lack of a passing game. A rookie RB from Tulane Forte (I've watched Tulane football and this kid can play. He also started out as a LBer so he is tough), Wolfe, and Peterson should be an upgrade. At TE Greg Olson and Desmond Clark are very good player but once again Rex will need some time in the pocket and will need to actually play well.

I don't think anyone doubts that this D can get it done. I'm not sure if they are where they were on the superbowl year but they are solid and have been drafting well on d for year. CB Bowman might have been one of the steals of the draft. They have lost some players from those great years and have had contract disputes with Briggs and Urlacher who are Keys to the D. The DT next to Harris is a question mark because none have had much time. Safety is another question mark. Manning could be solid here if they stop flip flopping him between there and CB but the other safety will have to step up since it seems like Mike Brown cannot stay healthy (was also a HUGE part in the great defensive years)

Back to the simulation. I was actually impressed by alot of this. I loved that Thomas got MVP when they were talking about how a sack he had was a turning point in the game. Thank god NCAA will be out soon to give me my football fix.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »