Home

Prizefighter Developer Is Shutting Down

This is a discussion on Prizefighter Developer Is Shutting Down within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2008, 09:52 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Prizefighter Developer Is Shutting Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicatz
This is a good thing. Venom makes bad games. Simple as that. Too bad they didn't get the axe before PF was released. I'd love to see a VC boxing game, but 2K needs to lick its wounds after the atrocious showing of PF. Even Kelly Pavlik dissed the game.
The game has it's merits, so let's not go black or white on it. When did Kelly dis the game?
Old 07-08-2008, 10:04 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon22
I wonder how the game sold?
Based on the Leaderboards which even track offline activity such as high scores in individual training sessions, at best 45,000 or so. By comparison Fight Night Round 3 was the 10th best selling game of 2006 against any genre getting rid of 620,000 units.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:20 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
Based on the Leaderboards which even track offline activity such as high scores in individual training sessions, at best 45,000 or so. By comparison Fight Night Round 3 was the 10th best selling game of 2006 against any genre getting rid of 620,000 units.
Jaybee send Slizeezyc a PM ASAP. He needs to speak with you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2008, 04:54 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 12

The game sucked on so many levels. they hyped the shilt outta of it with its new career mode as well as the new boxing mechanics and after all that BS, the game BLEW. Good riddance. Consider us all saved from more hype and BS about the next Prizefighter coming out. I dont get how these $400 systems have game developers rushing games out, having to make patches because they didnt take care of these problems during the creation process. Stop hiring these game testers who only play sports games because its a way to get a check. Get some ACTUAL SPORTS gamers in there to test these games. From Madden, to all the 2K games the list goes on and on. Goodbye Venom and take your weak *** over hyped piece of ish game
with you. (I am now stepping off of my soap box)
Old 07-15-2008, 03:29 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
The game has it's merits, so let's not go black or white on it. When did Kelly dis the game?
I agree. The game has some good points and some bad.
I'm still enjoying it as a fun boxing title - not as the end-all, be-all of boxing games.

Since it's now official that the Venom studio's are closing, it's speculated that this move was coming well before PF was released. It would explain why there really wasn't a whole lot of hype behind the game.
Yes, they pimped their documentary style career mode quite a bit, but we barely saw any gameplay vids and really, there wasn't much news until a week before the game came out.

Chances are, Venom just recycled their Rocky engine and slapped some lipstick on it.

If VC ever gets another crack at making a boxing game I think they could make a good one.
But that remains to be seen at this point seeing that EA is still trying to buy 2K games.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:23 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 32

I blame management. Even though I like and played this game more than FN.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »