Home

NFL Head Coach 09 Preview

This is a discussion on NFL Head Coach 09 Preview within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2008, 07:02 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 29
This just feels like the biggest waste in the world. What did they really add Madden this year? Nothing! They fixed presentation, but the franchise feature is still bare bones and we had to buy ANOTHER game to get a Franchise feel... and only for 15 seasons... give me a break.
Old 07-11-2008, 07:30 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 39
So are we going to be able to transfer our players from the college game?
Old 07-12-2008, 02:45 AM   #11
Buddha

ahunter5's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NFL Head Coach 09 Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAKYR
So are we going to be able to transfer our players from the college game?
No. Head Coach uses an entirely different set of ratings than NCAA or Madden. According to the devs, if this game succeeds, they will most likely try to implement this feature in the future.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2008, 02:51 AM   #12
Buddha

ahunter5's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
This just feels like the biggest waste in the world. What did they really add Madden this year? Nothing! They fixed presentation, but the franchise feature is still bare bones and we had to buy ANOTHER game to get a Franchise feel... and only for 15 seasons... give me a break.
Um, this isn't Madden. This is a simulation game that deals entirely with the cerebral side of football. There's no button mashing, cheesing, or money plays. HC has an entirely different development team than Madden. If you're upset about the franchise mode in Madden, I'm sure there's some posts on the Madden boards about this.

As far as the 15 year career mode, I was disappointed about this initially, as well. The devs stated that they wouldn't have been able to put as many features in if the game went longer. They actually developed each player for each draft class -- nothing random other than the names. The statistics and ratings for each draftable player are pre-made. They couldn't have done this for a 100 year career. If the game is great for the 15 years that it lasts, I'm completely fine with it. There's also 4 different sets of 15 year draft classes, so the game has replay value.
Old 07-12-2008, 06:58 AM   #13
Pro

Step2001's Arena

OVR: 9
This game should be really good based upon all the info that has been put out there.

Looking forward to the release!
Old 07-12-2008, 07:45 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 31
This game looks more and more appealing. Like someone said I think that I may be wanting this more than Madden.
Old 07-12-2008, 09:30 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 10
"NFL Head Coach ’09 intends to fix that issue with 300 added animations for the sideline, including kickers warming up, trainers diagnosing injuries, and players chatting away. EA is really trying to make the player feel like they are truly on an NFL Sideline."

Why doesn't EA add some of that to Madden and make it more realistic??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2008, 12:34 PM   #16
Buddha

ahunter5's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepen03
"NFL Head Coach ’09 intends to fix that issue with 300 added animations for the sideline, including kickers warming up, trainers diagnosing injuries, and players chatting away. EA is really trying to make the player feel like they are truly on an NFL Sideline."

Why doesn't EA add some of that to Madden and make it more realistic??
The games have completely different development teams. It isn't like EA decided that 'we're putting active sidelines in HC, so we're not going to put it into Madden.' Each development team makes their own decisions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »