Home

NFL Head Coach 09 Preview

This is a discussion on NFL Head Coach 09 Preview within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2008, 01:52 PM   #17
TCF
Rookie

OVR: 7
15 seasons is enough for me. i normally don't even get past 5 in madden and ncaa.
Old 07-12-2008, 02:11 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwjr
I'm actually looking more forward to this game than Madden.
Well put!
Old 07-12-2008, 04:27 PM   #19
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NFL Head Coach 09 Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahunter5
Um, this isn't Madden. This is a simulation game that deals entirely with the cerebral side of football. There's no button mashing, cheesing, or money plays. HC has an entirely different development team than Madden. If you're upset about the franchise mode in Madden, I'm sure there's some posts on the Madden boards about this.

As far as the 15 year career mode, I was disappointed about this initially, as well. The devs stated that they wouldn't have been able to put as many features in if the game went longer. They actually developed each player for each draft class -- nothing random other than the names. The statistics and ratings for each draftable player are pre-made. They couldn't have done this for a 100 year career. If the game is great for the 15 years that it lasts, I'm completely fine with it. There's also 4 different sets of 15 year draft classes, so the game has replay value.

Well said.

I have no idea why some people blame Maddens shortcomings on the existance of the Headcoach series.

On-topic, this is one of the most ambitious sports titles I've ever seen. I've played a handful of sports games with ambitious intentions, but often times they fall just short of pulling it off. I hope everything comes together successfully for this title...
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.
Old 07-12-2008, 08:23 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahunter5
As far as the 15 year career mode, I was disappointed about this initially, as well. The devs stated that they wouldn't have been able to put as many features in if the game went longer. They actually developed each player for each draft class -- nothing random other than the names. The statistics and ratings for each draftable player are pre-made. They couldn't have done this for a 100 year career. If the game is great for the 15 years that it lasts, I'm completely fine with it. There's also 4 different sets of 15 year draft classes, so the game has replay value.
I was more surprised then dissapointed regarding the 15 years, however if shortening the years makes for a better overall product I am all for it.

The positives are it will give me a chance to have 15 years redoing the 08 draft, and then ill give it another 15 years with the correct draft run. For my third run, I going to take on Miami, and after the whipping we saw them take againts NE, well it will keep me busy for awhile. It will keep the game fresh.

In the future I am sure we will see 30 year careers. Of course if we are going to talk about 30 year careers, then we also have to consider a change of ownership in the interim. That would bring an interesting mix wouldnt it?
Old 07-13-2008, 12:26 PM   #21
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46
The only football game I'm buying this year except for maybe a PC text-sim.

Really looking forward to this title.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2008, 12:43 PM   #22
TCF
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaren
Well said.

I have no idea why some people blame Maddens shortcomings on the existance of the Headcoach series.

On-topic, this is one of the most ambitious sports titles I've ever seen. I've played a handful of sports games with ambitious intentions, but often times they fall just short of pulling it off. I hope everything comes together successfully for this title...
its EAsports that is why some people will blame Madden for the short comings.

i played the first one of NFL HC and it was just bad. but what do you expect when it was a first shot at something. the game had a huge upside and this game has me more hyped.
Old 07-13-2008, 02:16 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwjr
I'm actually looking more forward to this game than Madden.
Me too
R.I.P. #21
Old 07-14-2008, 04:56 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

If this game can build on the ideas of the first one and implement them. It's gonna be a great game that I can finally play and not say after about a month. "There's always next year." Playing Coach Mode in Madden is a pathetic attempt at getting the feel of being the coach. 15 years may not seem long, but since you have to probably put in at least twice the work in as you would with Madden (You are the coach and the GM) then it'll last just as long as a 30 year in Madden and I personally NEVER made it that far.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »