Home

Peter Moore: "We've Helped Popularize the FIFA Organization" (Gamesindustry)

This is a discussion on Peter Moore: "We've Helped Popularize the FIFA Organization" (Gamesindustry) within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2008, 06:35 PM   #9
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Peter Moore: "We've Helped Popularize the FIFA Organization" (Gamesindustry)

I don't think he meant the last 5 years but the last 20 years EA has been doing sports games.

Don't remember the first FIFA but I am sure he means starting in the early 90's.

I think people underestimate how many countries out there sell out these games as opposed to here. We in the states are not the only ones who play videogames.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:34 PM   #10
Banned

steveeee's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Peter Moore: "We've Helped Popularize the FIFA Organization" (Gamesindustry)

Underestimate...? lol

FIFA 2008 was the best selling video game of 2007 in the UK...

The full list is as follows:

1. FIFA 08 (EA)
2. Dr Kawashima's Brain Training (Nintendo)
3. Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (Activision)
4. Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 (Konami)
5. More Brain Training from Dr Kawashima (Nintendo)
6. Halo 3 (Microsoft)
7. The Simpsons Game (EA)
8. Wii Play (Nintendo)
9. Assassin's Creed (Ubisoft)
10. WWE Smackdown VS Raw 2008 (THQ)

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...-2007-uk-sales

over the years.. FIFA has been a very popular gaming franchise in Europe and yes..I do kind of agree with what he stated.. kind of like Madden here in the States imo.. I do think at one time even EA's NHL Hockey made the NHL more popular back in the early NHL days on the Sega Genesis.

Last edited by steveeee; 07-16-2008 at 11:39 PM.
Old 07-17-2008, 03:33 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0
I was making the distinction...or trying to _ between popularization of FIFA (the governing body) and popularization of football (the beautiful game). FIFA is the governing body. It is not the sport. Have EA popularized FIFA (the governing body)...that is the claim.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2008, 04:00 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 17

Did any of you actually read the quote?

He said the game has helped popularize the FIFA Organization. He didn't say FIFA helped popularize soccer.

You guys can't read and get all hell bent. As much as I like to take it out on EA Sports, he's right. The FIFA game has helped increase awareness of FIFA, the organization. Now indirectly, he's trying to claim that somehow FIFA, the game, is getting people interested in soccer. But on the surface, I have no doubt the more people know of of the football federation.

Now why you would want to make the claim that you increasing awareness of FIFA is beyond me. It's like saying, "Hey, Madden 09 helped popularize John Madden." Which is also true. It's just that it has nothing to do with how the organization runs, or how many games EA sells. Honestly I don't see how by popularizing FIFA, the organization, this helps EA Sports? Helps FIFA, I guess.
Old 07-17-2008, 04:51 PM   #13
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRod

He said the game has helped popularize the FIFA Organization. He didn't say FIFA helped popularize soccer.

You guys can't read and get all hell bent. As much as I like to take it out on EA Sports, he's right. The FIFA game has helped increase awareness of FIFA, the organization. Now indirectly, he's trying to claim that somehow FIFA, the game, is getting people interested in soccer. But on the surface, I have no doubt the more people know of of the football federation.

Now why you would want to make the claim that you increasing awareness of FIFA is beyond me. It's like saying, "Hey, Madden 09 helped popularize John Madden." Which is also true. It's just that it has nothing to do with how the organization runs, or how many games EA sells. Honestly I don't see how by popularizing FIFA, the organization, this helps EA Sports? Helps FIFA, I guess.
you're right but im guessing it goes both ways...taking ur example of John Madden...my fiance casually watches football and knows Madden because of the fball video game

on the the note that everyone else touched on...i too got interested in soccer because of FIFA the game....FIFA WC 94 with Romario and Bergkamp got me hooked on the sometimes beautiful game
Old 07-17-2008, 05:10 PM   #14
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRod

I read the quote, and I just re-read it. Still sounds ridiculous.

Lets give them that they've "popularized" FIFA the organization in the United States. Do you really think they helped make people in Europe more aware of FIFA as an organization?

That is what I know I was getting at, that they may have pulled the sheet off of FIFA in the US, but not in the world. Overall, it seems like a pointless quote. We need real FIFA 09 news.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »