Home

NHL 2K9 First Look (Gamespot)

This is a discussion on NHL 2K9 First Look (Gamespot) within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2008, 04:57 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: NHL 2K9 First Look (Gamespot)

I loved both 2k8 and 08 this past year, but if 2k wants to even think of making a game in 2010, they can't be sitting this expo out. The fact that they haven't released nearly every aspect of the game to magazines and websites is a joke as far as I'm concerned. To me though, 2k just had a bad setup due to no roster updates. Once you got used to the new controls, the game was just fine, but the fact that they hadn't updated the rosters really killed it for me. The goalies are still better in 2k than in EA, the realism in 2k is in some aspects higher than in EA, and in other aspects lower. There is still a lot of potential in 2k hockey, they aren't out of the competition yet. They just need to step up in a big way. They have, for years, been making better hockey titles than EA, with the exception of 2008. I just hope it really is just an off year.
Old 07-16-2008, 05:36 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 12

Where is that Wiz guy doesn't he have any info ? At first, I hated the controls in 2k8 but once I re-trained myself I loved the new scheme glad they are keeping it in.
Old 07-17-2008, 03:09 PM   #11
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

People keep bringing up controls but the controls aren't the problem it's the horrible AI.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2008, 05:01 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

I think this will be another transition year for the title, similar to when Kush took over from Treyarch. Like it or not, it takes time to bring in a new development team for an existing code base so I imagine they'd be hesitant to truly rebuild it from the ground up as they are advertising. The only way to really pull it off would be to skip this year entirely and put a full 18-22 month development cycle in for it.

Never know, they might still come out with something that knocks everyone's socks off, but the focus on the Wii in all the current press is disturbing.
Old 07-17-2008, 05:55 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdForged
I think this will be another transition year for the title, similar to when Kush took over from Treyarch. Like it or not, it takes time to bring in a new development team for an existing code base so I imagine they'd be hesitant to truly rebuild it from the ground up as they are advertising. The only way to really pull it off would be to skip this year entirely and put a full 18-22 month development cycle in for it.

Never know, they might still come out with something that knocks everyone's socks off, but the focus on the Wii in all the current press is disturbing.
This I can believe. 2K is making a great name for themselves as liars. They lied through their freakin' teeth when it came to MLB2K7 so why not do the same with NHL2K8?

Besides, it's a moot point. This will be the last year for 2K sports. EA is on the verge of buying them so 2K has decided to go out with a whimper.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:51 PM   #14
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
From what I've been hearing the entire 2K booth at E3 has been pretty pathetic.
The impression I got was that 2K knows they're going to be extinct soon and their lack of enthusiasm has shown that.
Wow such negativity. You should be used to 2k putting out very little info about their games but that hardly translates into their going to be extinct. I'm sure with VC behind this game it will be outstanding.
Old 07-18-2008, 04:25 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie1967
Wow such negativity. You should be used to 2k putting out very little info about their games but that hardly translates into their going to be extinct. I'm sure with VC behind this game it will be outstanding.
The truth does hurt eh ?
We have nothing to go on being its 2k , oh and their last lying release was mlb 2k8 lol.
So thats what he means intil they show us something different.
If someone lies to you 7/10 times what should we think ?
They have little credibility as a company
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2008, 08:45 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 31

The negativity is deserved, they lied repetedly about MLB2k8, crowd atmosphre during rivalry and playoff games? 60fps? smooth online? All flat out bull****. And if the Wii demo movie is any indication of the 360/PS3 skus they lied again about NHL2k9 being built from the ground up, with the same code from 2k8 and looking much like.. yep you guessed it 2k8 overly hit happy ai and asstastic positioning.

Rather than try and fight a possible EA buyout its quite aparent they've just stoped trying altogether. And its sad, because without competition EA will have no incentive to continue on the upward swing they've been on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »