Home

Madden NFL 09 E3 2008 Stage Show Demo Video (Gamespot)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 09 E3 2008 Stage Show Demo Video (Gamespot) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2008, 02:36 AM   #9
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: Madden NFL 09 E3 2008 Stage Show Demo Video (Gamespot)

Weather is only for unranked.

Not a bad interview. The guy playin sucked though. Couldn't stay in the pocket.

Game looks magnificent thats for sure.
Old 07-19-2008, 02:39 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 4

It looks great.

But did anyone pick up on how when it's in Backtrack the colors look more lifelike, and when it goes back to the actual game it looks duller? That's really weird. I also notice a greater brightness in the PIP window than in the actual live game.

They might wanna consider some kind of customizeable video settings options so users can set the look to their liking. A lot of games have those now.
Old 07-19-2008, 02:47 AM   #11
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Icon14 Re: Madden NFL 09 E3 2008 Stage Show Demo Video (Gamespot)

Big positive I'm seeing... QBs rolling out, throwing it out there blindly... and they're getting picked off like crazy

Saw the disappearing icons too.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

Last edited by adembroski; 07-19-2008 at 02:50 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2008, 03:19 AM   #12
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by ablueduck
the whole camera flashes in broad daylight thing is still pretty annoying, but other than that it looked pretty fantastic in comparison to 08
THAT and the fact that the scoreboard is right in the middle of all the action! Argghhhh annoying
Old 07-19-2008, 03:52 AM   #13
Rookie

marc68's Arena

OVR: 7

Was that Benson on the Bears??? Didnt they release him 2 months ago, or am I confused???
Old 07-19-2008, 05:20 AM   #14
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Phil, I know you frequent these boards, and I have one criticism of this interview. When asked of the release date, you mentioned the game is coming to "every platform known to man!". It would be nice if that was true, but it's not true. Madden PC was cancelled, remember? (I believe you're well aware given the Football-Freaks stuff).

Just annoys me a little. Particularly as you were just talking about Spore in the interview - a PC/Mac exclusive game. Given that fact, someone less informed may have the impression Madden 09 is coming to PC this year. It's small I know but it's a little disappointing the cancelling of a platform which *built* the series to what it is today doesn't even stop EA pretending the game is being released on "every platform known to man".

Oh, and how's your N-Gage version coming along?
Old 07-19-2008, 05:27 AM   #15
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
Phil, I know you frequent these boards, and I have one criticism of this interview. When asked of the release date, you mentioned the game is coming to "every platform known to man!". It would be nice if that was true, but it's not true. Madden PC was cancelled, remember? (I believe you're well aware given the Football-Freaks stuff).

Just annoys me a little. Particularly as you were just talking about Spore in the interview - a PC/Mac exclusive game. Given that fact, someone less informed may have the impression Madden 09 is coming to PC this year. It's small I know but it's a little disappointing the cancelling of a platform which *built* the series to what it is today doesn't even stop EA pretending the game is being released on "every platform known to man".

Oh, and how's your N-Gage version coming along?
"Known to man".. as in "The Man"... not the general "Humanity".

We all know "The Man" is EA Sports Personified. And if he doesn't chose to acknowledge a platform, then it doesn't exist.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2008, 08:05 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelR2000
If you listen closely early in the commentary you will hear some "game breaking" news!! Old #8 is NOT in the game this year!!! Yes, its true!! LOL What morons.
Yea I caught that too. Those Gamespot guys who cover the sports games are really bad, I listened to a couple of their podcasts and its amazing how clueless they are about most of whats going on in the sports video gaming world.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »