Home

Old 07-21-2008, 05:14 PM   #1
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33
OS NASCAR 09 Contest Winners

A special thanks goes out to EA Sports and Microsoft for sponsoring our Create-A-Car and Giveaway contests! The Create-A-Car contest in particular made it difficult to pick a winner. We reviewed the submissions and judged them based on their overall feel and believability. In some cases, less is more! We settled on the best cars that we felt we could actually see on a race car in reality. There was some amazing work submitted, making it incredibly difficult to pick the winners. However, the winning vehicles in each class are shown below. Winners will need to send an email to [email protected] with their shipping address and information, as well as the original template that they created the car with, so that we can send out their new MS Wireless Wheel for the XBox 360.

Create-A-Car Contest Winners***********************

Craftsman Truck - jct32
This was one of the most interesting submissions. It was very sleek, and definitely had the look of a "real" truck. There wasn't a lot of action going on, but the basic design was so clean, it was a looker. Plus, there wasn't a lot of duplication and redundancy with the associate sponsor and rear sponsor decals. A lot of design work obviously went into fitting all of the appropriate sponsor design without getting it over-cluttered or with things used many times over. Congratulations, jct32, it's a nice truck!

Nationwide Series Winner - GJEM
To be perfectly honest, this one was a stunner. The moment it hit our inbox, it was one of the front runners. It has a slightly tribal design pattern on the hood and an overall scheme that just looks incredibly tight. We definitely need you to send in the template for this one, GJEM

Sprint Cup Winner - Hokie20
Another winning design that had clever use of Bezier Curves and smooth lines, combined with high contrasting numbers that just stood out. The pattern used for the gray sections almost looks like a carbon fiber or metallic texture, giving it a definitive look and styling that set it apart from the competition. The rear of the car gets just a bit busy, but not enough to hurt the overall strong presentation of the car. Congratulations, Hokie20!

NASCAR 09 Game Giveaway Winners
Out of respect to the people submitting their stories (some of them quite heart-felt), I'll withhold giving out any specific information. I will say that we had submissions ranging from "I'm new to the sport and want to check it out" to "I've been watching since the days of Davey Allison". Anybody who mentions Allison and goes on to discuss details of the sports history is an instant winner in my book. Our 3 winners, who will need to send an email to[email protected] with their shipping information, are:

Zhariken
Hendo1
bjf1377

Congratulations to all our winners, and thanks to everybody who joined! Be on the lookout for future contests on OperationSports.com soon!

Terry Crouch
The High Groove
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS2 / PS3

Last edited by TCrouch; 07-21-2008 at 07:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2008, 06:14 PM   #2
MVP

RunN1st's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: OS NASCAR 09 Contest Winners

Amazing job, guys!

I never race with a created car but if I can get ahold of these templates I would use them in a humming birds heart beat!

I used the 9 car last year, and I'm going with the 29 car this year. I would love to have the 09 templates.

One more thing, I hope to see the game winners join us online for some OS Tuesday night racing!

Last edited by RunN1st; 07-22-2008 at 01:26 PM.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:19 PM   #3
MVP

jct32's Arena

OVR: 17

Terry its was very nice of you to have this contest and I was suprised I won. I work on trucks all day so I would sit there and think about what would look good on one, since it doesn't require much brain power to do my job. I had to manipulate the Logo to make it fit in with the car, because I felt the logo provided didn't look as good. I also though about curving those lines on my cars, but since I was busy with work and other stuff I didn't have time to change it from an angled line to a curve, but I was still happy with my design. Once again thanks for the opprutnity for this conetest and congrats to all the other winners.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:58 PM   #4
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

Congrats guys, overall fantastic job!
Old 07-21-2008, 07:05 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

good job guys

mniner2003 pm sent

Last edited by MonsterMinds; 07-21-2008 at 07:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2008, 08:10 PM   #6
Rookie

Hokie20's Arena

OVR: 7

Wow, thanks for the chance to win one of these things.

For anybody who wants to pick up my Sprint Cup ride, I'm "Hokie20" on XBL.

Also, I'd love to see what everybody else submitted. Here's my car I made for the Nationwide series.

Old 07-21-2008, 09:16 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

And my wife said I wouldn't win! I'll have to put in a lot of practice before I can join in on the Tuesday races. Thank you Terry!
Old 07-21-2008, 09:20 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Chaos81's Arena

OVR: 38

Congrats guys!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »